2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black plug plugged into white box which doesn't appear to go to anything. I have a base model (non Bose), and was wondering if this was used for perhaps the subwoofer. Just brainstorming ideas of possibly using it as a lineout for an amp at some point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@elan, I could be wrong but I doubt it would be for a subwoofer or even stereo related. Have you followed the wires?
Have not. I'll get back in there at some point and investigate with voltmeter. It's just 2 wires - forget the colors at the moment.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm no expert but I just don't think that they are audio related. At least not for a sub-woofer. They stopped using those before my model year which is 2016 and yours is much newer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just curious because I know the Bose system has a subwoofer that sits in the spare tire. I'm just not sure what kind of connection is used for it. I would assume it's more than 2 wires, but I haven't seen one up close.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was just curious because I know the Bose system has a subwoofer that sits in the spare tire. I'm just not sure what kind of connection is used for it. I would assume it's more than 2 wires, but I haven't seen one up close.
Again though @elan, I seriously doubt they would have continued to run the wiring so many years after discontinuing the sub. Now, if you want a spare tire mounted sub you have some options. I'm considering it myself. Cerwin Vega and JBL both make drop in units for the 3. They are listed as 11" & 12" so they should hit harder than many under-seat units. Oh, they are self-contained so you don't need to run a separate AMP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll check my 2019 Hatch tomorrow and see if anything is connected to it! But I think it is an Antenna like the above post said.. here's the sub connection I took at few weeks ago..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts