2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
How can the tranny not support 200hp??? Of course it can...
You think the 6spd would hold up to 200whp which is probably around 230 crank? MS3's put between 220 and 240 to the wheels from what I've read. 170whp would probably be close to 190 crank... I didnt think the na transmissions are all that strong. Maybe they are though. :001_unsure:

·
zoom~
847 Posts
You think the 6spd would hold up to 200whp which is probably around 230 crank? MS3's put between 220 and 240 to the wheels from what I've read. 170whp would probably be close to 190 crank... I didnt think the na transmissions are all that strong. Maybe they are though. :001_unsure:
What the tranny need to worry about is the torque loaded on individual tooth.

And to clarify, my setup isnt faster than 2010 altima 2.5s...

Its bhp.

·
zoom~
847 Posts
Difference is negligible comparing the videos... Tho the cvt altima 2.5s seems quite fast, smoooth as well.

Theres two cs sri videos, i've tried comparing to that, no difference at all.

Need to get my self a bluetooth obd adaptor and the torque app.. curious to what "v dyno" will say.

·
Registered
53 Posts
just fyi, it does say that the 3 makes 167 hp, but that is to the crank (correct if i'm wrong here) When you actually take it to a dyno - and depending on where you are - your numbers will be much lower than that of 167 due to the engine having to put out power to the wheels. So, ultimately, you're looking for whp, not bhp. I'm from Vancouver, BC and i've seen some dyno sheets here of 3's making 130ish stock, so making around 175 with just those mods, is pretty significant if you ask me.
Yeah, you are correct to 167 to the crank so you must take into account around a 10% drivetrain loss, bringing whp to around 150 +/-. I believe intake,exhaust, headers, and possible ecu remapping may put one close to 200, but it's well worth the shot if you have the $$$

·
Registered
293 Posts
2.5 Altima and the 2.5 Mazda3 aren't much different from each other in terms of torque and HP number wise, just saying. Not sure if anybody notices a difference from the two when driving them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting old thread,,, i presume this was for a 2012 mazda 3 2.0L non skyativ
I think i am at 200 WHP or just under ...just need to put on a dyno in the spring

21 - 28 of 28 Posts