1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Yeah it's called speed 3 263 out the box

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Its also called speed 3 isnt appealing to all. Im sure that a good intake, good header and scavenging exhaust, with a good crank case pressure relief system will put a 2.5 to at least 175whp. Taking an NA step even further, possibly get a custom
Intake manifold made with correctly sized runners and bells. Using all that, with a great exhaust and well made intake manifold i believe 200crank hp is possible durring vvt. Remember crankcase pressure relief is important, you can actually make a setup to feed it into the exhaust stream amd the exhaust actually pulls all air out of the engine

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im new to all this but intake headers and exhaust only to 175 hp? isnt the 2.5 167 hp stock? i figured more. I just think it would be cool having the fastest 2.5 Mazda N/A out there. anyone can just buy a speed. im new to all this but it intrigues me.

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Yeah I was just kidding god you mz3 guys are up tight

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i dont mean to be a traitor or anything but if i go turbo route... ive been thinking hard about this. i think i will be buying the STI hatch. with the boxer engine.. if i could afford it i would have ms3 and sti! but i still cant decide! Price vs Power ratio!

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
I wish I could afford the sti

·
Registered
10 Posts
just fyi, it does say that the 3 makes 167 hp, but that is to the crank (correct if i'm wrong here) When you actually take it to a dyno - and depending on where you are - your numbers will be much lower than that of 167 due to the engine having to put out power to the wheels. So, ultimately, you're looking for whp, not bhp. I'm from Vancouver, BC and i've seen some dyno sheets here of 3's making 130ish stock, so making around 175 with just those mods, is pretty significant if you ask me.

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
It's 167 at the crank, like 15x something at the wheels. Intake, downpipe, exhaust, high flow cats. Get a custom tune..

Looking at piasini engineerings website, the people that supply some tunes for a few companies, the 2.5l can supposedly be increased to 189hp and 187ft/lb... but to get the HP the rev limit is upped to 6700rpm. max torque comes on 200revs earlier.

Of course they are lacking a lot of information on their website. I'm sure the 2.5l can hit 200hp w/o a turbo... there are a few 4cyl near that w/o forced induction from the factory.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
2.0L anyone? lol:tongue:

·
Registered
437 Posts
tri points turbo 3 is advertising 250 hp with just the turbo kit all else is stock. havent found any video tho

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Should i?

Edit: maybe not....

You wont see 200hp at all even if you have it under the hood. To strike the balance, fabs and makers will give the vehicle pratical power rating. Even at 200 n/a, tq isnt gonna be there. Market has it so that you got to have the dough to play.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
...back on subject

Does anyone know if the 2.0 or 2.5 transmissions can even handle 200whp reliably?

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
...back on subject

Does anyone know if the 2.0 or 2.5 transmissions can even handle 200whp reliably?
Doubtfully, if you have the 5 or 6 speed I'd go try to pick up a tranny from a junk yard or something from a MS3. Unless it doesn't fit of course lol.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Doubtfully, if you have the 5 or 6 speed I'd go try to pick up a tranny from a junk yard or something from a MS3. Unless it doesn't fit of course lol.
We probably wouldnt get more than 170whp from a 5 speed. After a intake, header, exhaust and ecu reflash we'd probably be close to the limit. Idk about the 6 speed but 200whp is asking a lot.

It's probably possible but it just isnt worth it. I know a speed3 isnt practical for everyone but I dont see how 200whp mz3 is any more practical. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 28 Posts