2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Do you prefer yellow of color matched fogs?

• Yellow

Votes: 165 43.9%
  • Color matched

Votes: 211 56.1%

Do you prefer yellow or color matched fogs?

36K views 119 replies 59 participants last post by  Oli8 
#1 ·
Just wanted to see what people prefer. Yellow or color matched fog lights :)

I often prefer having yellow fog lights if I have HID's so there's some contrast to it. Now, after seeing the newer cars with LED fog lights matching their HID/LED headlights, I'm starting to like that look too.

#5 ·
Color matched. I kinda want my front end to say "move out of my way" and not "haaayyy" which is what the yellow fogs do in my opinion. I have a lot of bright lights on my front end, all with the relatively same color. I think it looks better and having equal colors makes it seem like it's brighter (just makes it look that way). My car has been affectionately nicknamed "The Sun God"....

#7 ·
Yellow. On my old cars I preferred color matched with the HID's, but on my 3, I LOVE my yellow fogs.

#8 ·
If you ever get the chance to go down a completely dark road and you have the yellow's you will see the difference. I currently use HELLA yellow 9005's in my high beams and they are brighter than PIAA's and you see much better. The yellow light gives way better outline of objects on the roads and on the sides of the roads.

#9 ·
Still trying to decide before I replace my fogs. Initial feeling is color match. I might be convinced to go yellow if they are a different enough hue and brightness to contrast with the DRLs and Bi Xenons to actually see the light from the drivers seat. Lord knows the Stock Halogens don't even cut into the light pattern from the DRLs or Bi Xenons....

#12 ·
You can aim the fog lights up a bit and you can then definitely tell if they're on or not.

You'll need to take the fog lights out and on the bottom you should see there's two plastic thingy that makes a hole for the screw. I used an exacto knife and cut those notches off and that lets me move the fog lights up/down. You'll then be able to just loosen the bottom screw and aim the lights up a little bit then tighten it again. You don't want to move it all the way up then you'll have no light on the foreground.

#17 ·
I initially got 55w 4500k HIDs for both the headlights and fogs but a few months later decided to go yellow for the dogs. That's what I have on my 2011 Avalon and that's what I had on my 07 Civic Si, so after trying the color matching bulbs, I went back to JDM, Yo!

It all comes down to personal preference.

I got 55w 3k in the fogs. There's definitely lots of light output on the ground after adjusting the fogs a bit (I made a thread about it back in the day)

#20 ·
I love my halogen yellows. I am thinking about getting the Nokya lime yellow LEDs. This pic was before my LED fog light DRLs.

Attachments

#22 ·
#23 ·
#24 ·
Reactions: Flaring Afro
#26 ·
#29 ·
Since I now installed the LED fog DRLs, I am sticking with my yellow fogs. I liked the contrast before but I like it even better now.

#33 ·
Yup I'm going to get them when they come out too, should match perfectly with the CBI bulbs. I like how they look too, black housing should look pretty nice up front. I think they use 1 LED bulb for each side tho, instead of the 3 each of the current models.

#36 ·
At some point I'll probably break down and get the 5000K CBIs from TRS and have a look to see if I can get some 5000K LEDs for the fogs. It would look a little nicer if the head lights and fogs more or less matched the LED DRLs.

#40 · (Edited)
TheRetrofitSource has just shipped my XB fogs. So excited and can't wait to see them and put them on! I'm trying to figure out how can I use delay relays to make the fog light turn off when that side of the turn signal is flashing. Because they are designed too close together I think it will help people see my turn signal better. It will be a fun weekend project.

#41 ·
Got my tracking from them today too, looking forward to them :D As for the turn signals, I think they are bright and orange enough to stand out. I do have LED turn signals so they are quite brighter than stock ones.

#43 ·
Just got my 3000k HIDs installed. I went with the DDM kit as I've had them before and have never had an issue. I love them! Install took a bit longer than expected but mostly because it didn't come with any paper work so I had to do a bit of trial and error to figure out exactly how it was supposed to go together, but nothing ever goes smoothly when doing modifications haha. I know I know it's a basic mod... I haven't done anything other than change my oil for the past 4 years.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.