2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what kind of tint you all prefer. Personally, I went through dark and light, all different shades on my car. I kinda lost count of how many times I've retinted my car. Right now I'm at 5% rear and 30% front but kind of tired of the dark black out look. I guess I'm at that age where I don't care about dark tint but just want to block heat lol At one point I had 70% all around, then 35% all around, then 40% all around. Wasted too much money on tinting my car over and over. When I get my next car I'm just going to stick with one shade maybe 45% or so lol

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
on my mazda3, I went with 50% up front and 20% on the rears. it didn't look good just cause of the contrast between 50% and 20%.

this time around with the speed3, I went with 35% up front and 20% in the rears. the contrast between the 2 is not too much. you can notice it but only at certain angles. the 35% allows for someone too still see through and see the driver. which is good for cops. but, it is dark enough to keep heat/light from shinning in my eyes.

I much prefer dark tint. light tint....you may as well have no tint. 70% is basically having no tint. if you want a light tint, go with 50% all around.

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
I like it even and dark. I don't like the rear and front being different. I'm 20% all around and I love it. I can see perfectly day or night.

Just my opinion!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Previous car was really dark and was way to hard to see out of at night, actually dangerous. I now have 50% front and 25% rear and moon roof. I can see out at night easily, it makes a huge difference in heat build up and it looks great to me from the outside.

Incidentally, I just realized there is a double post of this the OP made

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah sorry for the double post lol I originally wanted to post in the skyactiv section since I am getting the skyactiv and not a speed.

But yeah, I like even tint on cars but for hatches having darker in the back and lighter up front doesn't look too bad, since SUV comes this way :D For sedans having even tint all around would be better.

You guys get hassled by cops for having dark tint? I was ticketed when I had 20% all around on two cars but one time was when I merged onto the fwy and had to cut in front of the cop, cop passed me then slowed back down and got behind me and pulled me over, gave me tint ticket. I even got a tint ticket for having 40% all around, but that tint was full metallic (vkool) and very shiny, maybe that's why IDK. I just don't want to get hassled or paranoid anymore lol

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have 35% for the back seven panels...(no front tint allowed in BC and they real sticky about that). I was planning on getting 20% for the back seven but when the tinter put some samples up I found it too dark, primarily for backing up at night, but also because I liked the look better with my car color.

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
In NY the legal tint is 70%. As I said, I have 20 but haven't been bothered. I've actually been parked in the parking lot if a NYS troopers station with them looking at the car and them not say anything. Knock on wood, I'm just waiting for the day I pull into the lot and have the troopers wait till I get in my car and pull me over :/

·
Night Driver
64 Posts
I went with 35% up front and 20% in the rears also. With a pearlized white with the dark rims, the dark windows make my ride pop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts