2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my car for a few weeks....2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring Soul Red. All my friends and co-workers can't believe it's a Mazda! They love it! I just had a co-worker tell me how cool the color was and asked what kind of car was it? I proudly told him MAZDA3! To my eye, it looks like a small Jaguar...and that's good. Great job on the design.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, sadly so.

When I picked up my Mazda I was so excited, it was such a sleek fast looking little car with aggressive styling with out being ridiculous. My mother was the first person to see it, her response "It's so cute", neighbor lady saw it, her response "What a cute little car". I was bummed, my coworkers and friends found out now I have a cute little car :sad:

But with the occasional stop at the store I get the sweet car, cool car, wow what is that?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To put it in one word, the look of the car is SEXY. Cute, NO! It's a hot looking design...like nothing else out there (except for Jaguar). Your mom and neighbor need to recheck their vocabulary. Maybe they weren't comfortable saying sexy :blush 1:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, sadly so.

When I picked up my Mazda I was so excited, it was such a sleek fast looking little car with aggressive styling with out being ridiculous. My mother was the first person to see it, her response "It's so cute", neighbor lady saw it, her response "What a cute little car". I was bummed, my coworkers and friends found out now I have a cute little car :sad:

But with the occasional stop at the store I get the sweet car, cool car, wow what is that?
hahaaha! this is the exact same thing my coworker said to me. She was like, "oh you got the new mazda3?? hatchback or sedan?, oh hatchback?! those are SO CUTE!"

im sitting here face palming, shaking my head. Love the looks though, its mainly the girls that say 'cute' of course, but the guys just say sick ride or looks nice.

·
Registered
197 Posts
All the time. Everyone says they love the car. Not one single bad comment from anyone. Mazda hit it out of the park with the styling.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Every time someone gets in our car for the first time they either compliment the car, ask how much we pay for it, or ask how the hell we can manage to afford it at our age (20 & 23). lol

Love the car and its lines. The side skirts complete the car very well on the GS-SKY with Leather and Touring.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yes i get compliments from "i heard thats an awesome car", "hey is saw some pretty good reviews", "wow this car feels nice", "the bose system sounds good" or "it looks good", boss thought i paid $28 to 30k.

i have yet to hear anyone tell me i shouldve gotten a toyota or honda ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't have one yet, but saw one at our local grocery, and was admiring after hearing of the 3's reviews.

Complimented the owners, they couldn't have been nicer or much more enthusiastic on their purchase.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No one talks to me :sad:

Reactions: Jojoyoking

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I got mine back in October and when I went to get my car tinted, there were a couple people taking pictures of it. When I was leaving one asked me what car this is. It says on the back of the car o_O But yeah, I've gotten a few compliments on the car here and there, at gas station and stores. Big props to Mazda, they did a great job with the 3rd gen :D

The other week at a kbbq one of my friend was talking about this white hatchback parked outside that looked really nice, little did I know he was talking about my car until I told him I recently bought a new white hatchback lol

Couple weeks ago on the freeway a fellow 2nd gen hatchback owner gave me a thumbs up as he drove by, pretty cool haha

·
Registered
566 Posts
I get the odd gawker here and there while driving. I get a lot of compliments on the red interior whenever someone looks inside. A lot of guys at the auto club here on base ask if it's the new gen 3 and tell me a story about how they always liked mazdas. A lot more attention than I was expecting that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
People are surprised it's a Mazda and they like the design. Getting more compliments now that I finished the exterior of the car. It looks badass. Only the wheels and drop left and it will look wicked.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I get compliments all the time and have seen people double take when walking or driving by. Mazda really did step up the design giving it a much more luxurious look. About a month and a half ago, I had a girl flag me down at a stop light to ask how I liked it as she is in the market. Best thing of all was how genuinely excited she was about talking to me about the car.

The ONLY thing the car doesn't live up to is its "fast-looking" traits. I've gotten a couple people ask how fast it is only for me to say it's not. I've also had people ask "is it turbocharged" or "how much power does the turbo put down".....I simply say no turbo and not much lol :/

·
Registered
274 Posts
I park so far away, no one even knows I own one!!:biggrin:
yeah, Im the same way. No asinine parking though, people who do that are asking for it.

Everyone I knowwho has seen it has complimented it and enjoyed the ride. I've seen lots of younger mazda owners checking it out. I guess no one talks to me cause I have tattoos and a beard. Im nice, for real haha.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts