2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2017 2.5 Touring hatchback, and it should be here in 1-2 weeks. Am I correct in thinking that most of the 2016 accessories will fit the 2017 models. Specifically, cargo tray, all weather mats, door sills, and spoiler. My understanding that everything is the same except the front and rear bumpers.

Is that correct? My dealer said no accessories were available yet for the 2017 models. I figured the Mazda3Revolution folks would know better.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah those things you listed all should fit fine. They only changed the front fascia and back bumper slightly. Interior dimensions are still the same so all mats, trays, and sill plates still fit and the spoiler as well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yep all in your list will fit. Different items for sure are hatch rear mud guards and the aero kit.

Reactions: AVL thumper

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm going to disagree here. Until we get a site that actually shows OEM part numbers and has the 2017 Mazda 3 listed, we won't know. I have a couple threads going where I have asked the same question.

I'm not saying my Mazda guy was right, but for example, the day I bought my Mazda, I asked for the all weather floor mats including the trunk liner (sedan). He said that his computer showed the same part number for the trunk liner as previous models, but a different part number for the interior mats..so I had to order them.

One site that came up as a possible resource was 2014-2017 Mazda 3 - Mazda Shop

If you look, there are certain items that list 2017 and other items that do not. The person that suggested this site actually said they showed 2017 used the same mud guards (I think) as the 2016, but when he actually called, the dealer said no.

So all I'm saying is it is up in the air for many things.... it is really aggravating because not even Mazda list 2017 Mz3 as a choice and the car has been out for a while now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I believe there was a change to the interior floor mat composition for 2017 to help with further noise reduction, in addition to other more-discussed 2017 updates.

That's likely why a new part number was assigned.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm going to disagree here. Until we get a site that actually shows OEM part numbers and has the 2017 Mazda 3 listed, we won't know. I have a couple threads going where I have asked the same question.

I'm not saying my Mazda guy was right, but for example, the day I bought my Mazda, I asked for the all weather floor mats including the trunk liner (sedan). He said that his computer showed the same part number for the trunk liner as previous models, but a different part number for the interior mats..so I had to order them.

One site that came up as a possible resource was 2014-2017 Mazda 3 - Mazda Shop

If you look, there are certain items that list 2017 and other items that do not. The person that suggested this site actually said they showed 2017 used the same mud guards (I think) as the 2016, but when he actually called, the dealer said no.

So all I'm saying is it is up in the air for many things.... it is really aggravating because not even Mazda list 2017 Mz3 as a choice and the car has been out for a while now.
That person was me. I listed the source as well as made the call because I was looking for the mud guards.

What I have personally confirmed is that floor mats and rear cargo tray, irregardless of different part numbers for the 17, will fit from pre face lift to post face lift models. That doesn't mean they haven't changed in one way or another, but they are compatible. Remember any change at all even if not in physical size or fit will change the part number.

What I was saying was that for absolute certain the rear mud guards and aero kit are different. Everything else should be compatible even if the part numbers are different.

Source for everything in his list other than the spoiler: Me
- I bought the OEM front premium floor liners second hand from a person who had them in their 16 (who bought them from the dealer)
- My rear floor liner is a 3rd party unit that says compatibility up to 16 and doesn't explicitly list 17 (yet)
- My cargo liner and vent visors came packaged with the car, they were installed before I took the keys. Not sure if they're 16 or 17 part numbers but they were in stock when I took delivery in November
- I bought the scuff plates online with the part number that I found for the 16 model

I'm not in a rush for the mud guards. probably going to ask again at oil change time in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: AVL thumper

·
Registered
422 Posts
That person was me.

Well thank you.. it was very useful. I actually just ordered some knock off Chinese Mudflaps from e-bay because they claimed they would fit a 17... guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when they show up. For the price... I decided to gamble.

Also.. I did just get my official 2017 all weathers a couple days ago. Not sure if they are different but I could take some pics I suppose.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thank you.. it was very useful. I actually just ordered some knock off Chinese Mudflaps from e-bay because they claimed they would fit a 17... guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when they show up. For the price... I decided to gamble.

Also.. I did just get my official 2017 all weathers a couple days ago. Not sure if they are different but I could take some pics I suppose.
Some pics would be nice for comparison sake. What is the new part number for the mats?

I just ordered mats, cargo tray and sills from Medcenter Mazda's eBay store. I'd like to compare the pics. I'm betting they're identical. I can't imagine Mazda investing more time and energy into accessories unless it was for a new generation 3.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Medcenter Mazda's Ebay store now has 2017 mudflaps listed. I emailed them and asked if they could verify these would fit 2017 models. They responded that they were the updated version.

Old part numbers (2014-2016): BHN1-V3-450 and BHN9-V3-460

New part numbers (2017): BHN1-V3-450 and BALW-V3-460

They have them on sale for $109.20 and free shipping.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having issues uploading pics so I'll try again tomorrow...but here is what the box for the inside floor mats said.

The pic with the yellow sticker is the trunk mat...the pic that is duplicated is the inside floor mats
Looks like those are the identical part numbers for the 2014-2016 models. No change for 2017. Good to know. Thanks for posting the photos.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks like those are the identical part numbers for the 2014-2016 models. No change for 2017. Good to know. Thanks for posting the photos.

Yeah.. I had to wait over 2 months for these because the parts guy said they were different and backordered :(

I really didn't have much of a choice since I had to get them at the VW\Mazda dealer so I could finish off my VW card. Guess now I'll have to see if I can sell my OEM carpet mats. They have about 1,500 miles on them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been exchanging emails with Medcenter Mazda, and I found out some information regarding the front and rear aero kits for the 2017 models. Below are the new part numbers:

Here is the part # for the 2017
QBM3-50-360 -S5 Rear Diffuser Black and Silver Mazda3 5-Door Not for use on vehicles equipped with REAR Splash Guards

Front Air Dam two types
QBM2-50-AH0 -51 Jet Black
QBM2-50-AH0 -S5 Jet Black and Silver

Looks like the accessories are slowly coming out, but you would think Mazda would update their website!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've been exchanging emails with Medcenter Mazda, and I found out some information regarding the front and rear aero kits for the 2017 models. Below are the new part numbers:

Here is the part # for the 2017
QBM3-50-360 -S5 Rear Diffuser Black and Silver Mazda3 5-Door Not for use on vehicles equipped with REAR Splash Guards

Front Air Dam two types
QBM2-50-AH0 -51 Jet Black
QBM2-50-AH0 -S5 Jet Black and Silver

Looks like the accessories are slowly coming out, but you would think Mazda would update their website!
Black & Silver? Wonder what that looks like? Tried to google it but only got "No Image at this time"

Found the Black and Silver... PDF File http://www2.mazda.co.jp/accessories/info_lib/pdf/axela_1607.pdf .. Page 4 ... looks like they also have Red in Japan. Just before that on page 3 there is a big shot of it on the left car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Here, provided by @USCTrojan4JC, we have picture of the black and silver Appearance Package front splitter and rear lower diffuser on his own car. Thanks @USCTrojan4JC -- and congrats on your recent football victory!

That color combo looks great on Machne Gray Metallic IMO. I am creating a different combo on my Soul Red with the Appearance Package, that is removing the front silver "blades" and the rear silver horizontal strip, and painting them all Soul Red, then re-installing them, creating the following:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here, provided by @USCTrojan4JC, we have picture of the black and silver Appearance Package front splitter and rear lower diffuser on his own car. Thanks @USCTrojan4JC -- and congrats on your recent football victory!

That color combo looks great on Machne Gray Metallic IMO. I am creating a different combo on my Soul Red with the Appearance Package, that is removing the front silver "blades" and the rear silver horizontal strip, and painting them all Soul Red, then re-installing them, creating the following:

Can't wait to see the finished product. Mine is soul red as well. I'd like a body color appearance package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts