2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is going to be some sort of rant and also my experience with this company. I bought my brand new 2015 Mazda 3 about a year ago, 2 months after owning it, I bought from TRS my HID kit (Morrimoto 50W XB55 6500k bulbs) for about $160.00. After about 3-4 months one of my ballast decides to go out, I contact them, they help me troubleshoot and figured out the ballast went out, received a new replacement (had to still pay for the shipping). Another 4 months pass by, my other ballast go out, contact them again, asked for tips and guidance to make sure everything was setup correctly, asked her in the forums etc. Again another 3-4 months pass by again and the ballast go out AGAIN... Call them up, spoke to one of the "supervisors" helped me get a new ballast out, didnt have to pay for shipping and got a 2nd pair of bulbs discounted. Here we are, 5 months later AGAIN and now whats happening is that when i turn on my headlights either the right or left turn on, or sometimes none of them turn on. Have to flick them on and off until they turn back on. Mind you i have done complete troubleshooting the other 3 other times and have had their techs assist me in making sure i have everything hooked up correctly. I email TRS my issue, they want me to troubleshoot AGAIN, telling me to see if the the problem follows from one side to the other. The issue isnt just one side, its both. I tell them whats exactly going on and they said they need me to still troubleshoot, i tell them i do not need to troubleshoot anymore as i have already done all the troubelshooting they asked me the other past 3 replacements, their other solution is for me to send my entire kit back to them (me having to pay for the shipping) for them to be able to figure out the problem. I then need to go out, buy replacement bulbs, because i dont have my OEM. Wait for them to take their sweet time and and send it back. Giovanni who is the representative who i have been emailing back and forth, states that they are going the extra mile for me in helping me resolve the problem (their not doing anything because their staying within their "rules). They are not willing to send me a new kit and then me sending my damaged one back, they state that "morrimoto" does not allow them to do that. Which is complete BS. To conclude this rant. TRS dont really care about their customers, they do whats best for them. They state theyre going the extra mile for you, when theyre really not doing anything but just enforce their dumb rules. I have a cheap 55W kit for my fogs and they have not gone out not even once. This is the worst HID kit i have ever bought and worst company as well. I know a lot of users here run the same kit and have not had any issues, but if youre considering buying from them, just be careful and cautious. I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, and calling in to speak their manager tomorrow, to see if i get any sort of actual help.

·
Registered
354 Posts
In the future use xenondepo.com. Steve the owner is fantastic and his products are excellent.

·
Registered
367 Posts
or...you know, forum sponsors Diode Dynamics. Haven`t read many reviews here about them but given they`re a site sponsor I`d wager they`re pretty worthy.

·
Working Class Hero
3,666 Posts
or...you know, forum sponsors Diode Dynamics. Haven`t read many reviews here about them but given they`re a site sponsor I`d wager they`re pretty worthy.
Spoke briefly with a guy from DD at SEMA. They seem very legit.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah for sure, i made a complaint to the better business bureau and now they want to send me a new kit, so im happy about that but if this happens again i am definitely going with another company.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've always used the Amazon/Ebay brand OPT7
All my cars are still running their HID kits without issue, no flickering or anything
I always run their AC HID kits, been running it on the mazda for both fogs and lows

I even bought their cheap entry level DC ballast kit that was about $30 for my moms toyota.
It's still running strong, turns on every single time
The only thing is that I got her the 5000k set, but the lights look like 6000k with the DC ballasts but she likes it
I even emailed OPT7 and told them that they sent me 6000k bulbs and without question they mailed me another set of bulbs, great customer service
The replacements were labeled as 5000k but had the same slight blue tint so I figured it was the DC ballasts making it look like that

If you want color accuracy get AC ballasts

But now it seems they have replacement bulbs labeled as "AC" or "DC"
Perhaps the "DC" bulbs have a slightly warmer color to compensate and get color accuracy

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I just had a led bulb from TRS go bad and I had no problem getting a warranty replacement. Their customer service was great and they shipped quickly on their dime. Coincidentally one of my fog light bulbs from diode dynamics just failed so we'll see this coming week how they handle a warranty situation

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this thread is old but I used TRS in 2014 for a full blown custom headlight MOD for my 2004 Ranger. I bought cheap headlight assemblies and projectors/HID KIT/Harness from TRS. After my learning curve of installing everything I had MAJOR issues with the ballasts from TRS. I had them fail one after another numerous times. I think I replaced each one at least 3 times. They barely lasted a couple weeks and they'd die. I had it happen every time I had to leave work at 11pm, so bad I kept my old Halogen assemblies in my truck box.

Anyways, my experience with them was fantastic. The first few times I called up I had to do the troubleshooting routine. But once I was familiar with the steps i performed them beforehand and Said yep, this and this ect. They did a two day ship replacement ballasts each time. They addmited they discovered a problem with a major batch of ballasts I happened to be using thats why they kept failing. They gave me no issues what so ever. I'd totally buy from them again, although I don't think I'll do a full on custom MOD again but that has nothing to do with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts