2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed many tweaks (including putting a family photo to replace stock background) and SD Nav in my brand new 2017 Touring but now have to take the car back to the dealer for them to fix a paint scratch that was their fault.

Do I need to revert back to stock (the family photo is an obvious giveaway that I've tweaked) before claiming dealer warranty service? Has anyone been denied service because of evidence of tweaking?

·
Super Moderator
5,208 Posts
Do I need to revert back to stock (the family photo is an obvious giveaway that I've tweaked) before claiming dealer warranty service? Has anyone been denied service because of evidence of tweaking?
I don't think that a picture on the nav system has anything to do with a problem with the paint........:dunno:
Not a warranty issue anyhow if they are fixing damage they did to your car.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Has anyone been denied service because of evidence of tweaking?
i would suggest you over write the default background photo only. however the repair they are doing now their fault, but they will keep it in mind when they drive the car in. all dealer want and like and love to earn money from you or from Mazda Office. rewrite the photo and bring it back later.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wouldn't worry about other tweaks if they're not obvious, but definitely change the background to the stock image. I've never had a problem or been denied, and the chances of them actually noticing anything (other than the background image) are minimal, but I wouldn't take the chance when there's potential for lost money/warranty service on the line.

Personally, I always set the infotainment back as close to stock as possible before bringing the car in for ANYTHING. You never know if someone might notice a change and log it in their database. They might not even mention it to you or put it on your receipt. But then, maybe a year from now you have a stereo or satnav problem that is totally unrelated, but they can show that you made changes, so they deny service. Better safe than sorry.

Besides, changing the background only takes about a minute. Minimal effort, maximum reward.

·
Super Moderator
5,208 Posts
I wouldn't worry about other tweaks if they're not obvious, but definitely change the background to the stock image. I've never had a problem or been denied, and the chances of them actually noticing anything (other than the background image) are minimal, but I wouldn't take the chance when there's potential for lost money/warranty service on the line.

Personally, I always set the infotainment back as close to stock as possible before bringing the car in for ANYTHING. You never know if someone might notice a change and log it in their database. They might not even mention it to you or put it on your receipt. But then, maybe a year from now you have a stereo or satnav problem that is totally unrelated, but they can show that you made changes, so they deny service. Better safe than sorry.

Besides, changing the background only takes about a minute. Minimal effort, maximum reward.
Won't make any difference. The system logs will tell the dealer that you have accessed and altered the system, when you did it and what you did.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Won't make any difference. The system logs will tell the dealer that you have accessed and altered the system, when you did it and what you did.
what are you tailing now like the dealer one of this forum members ( The Infotainment Project ) 0:)
the most stupid are Dealers, they just know what their eyes see. i doubt one of them know what's mean JCI :smile2:
also blind their eyes from see unusual background totally enough ,

·
Super Moderator
5,208 Posts
what are you tailing now like the dealer one of this forum members ( The Infotainment Project ) 0:)
the most stupid are Dealers, they just know what their eyes see. i doubt one of them know what's mean JCI :smile2:
also blind their eyes from see unusual background totally enough ,
:confused1 1::confused1 1::confused1 1:
:dunno:​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts