2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Filter minder is meant for extended air filters change, so if it detects too much vacuum it will warm you to change, instead of wasting a perfectly good filter.

Tools you will need:

-Drill
-11/16" spade drill bit
-Filter minder itself
-Rubber gasket which comes with filter minder

NOTE: my filter minder is meant for diesel engines so the reading for gasoline engines to change air filter is 10" of vacuum H2O. In my case it would be 11" H2O as it goes up to 25" for diesel engines. Also, the reason I bought this one is because the one rated up to 10" was twice the price(K&N)

Find the air box which should be to the front left of your engine bay.

Lose the clamp and take out the air box carefully as it has MAS cable attached to it.

Drill the hole using the spade bit while away from the air filter to prevent plastic particles from clogging your filter

Fit the gasket provided with the filter minder, fit it in as shown in the instructions provided and insert filter minder.

Put everything back together and make sure you tighten the clamp.

Voila you are DONE! Make sure you don't get any engine light, if so check the gasket.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NOTE: my filter minder is meant for diesel engines so the reading for gasoline engines to change air filter is 10" of vacuum H2O. In my case it would be 11" H2O as it goes up to 25" for diesel engines. Also, the reason I bought this one is because the one rated up to 10" was twice the price K&N

1 - 2 of 2 Posts