2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rudimentary guide to removing front door panel on Mazda 3 w/ Premium Package. This is just a guide and I am not responsible for any damage or injury that may occur from using this guide.

Start Here (Driver's side is similar):

Take a right angle pick or flat head screw driver and remove the cover by the door handle as well as the rubber piece in the grab handle.

Undo the two Philips screws behind the covers you just removed

Then use your fingers or a trim tool to find the recesses on the bottom of the door panel and give a firm yank, pull, tug to release the clips from the door skin. Make it a controlled yank so the door handle and wiring harnesses don't get damaged.

There is a clip hiding behind the screwdriver point... You may have to put your hand behind the panel to pop that off so it doesn't mess anything up

Also, one hidden clip behind the triangle sail panel

The interior door handle pops out and slides from the lock side.

Unplug the harnesses from the switches

You'll end up with something like this.

Extra: Removing switches

Flip door panel around, locate this square clip and gently push it out

Then take your finger and push in the middle of the switch where the white sticker is. Make sure you're supporting it from the other side or else it may go flying and get damaged.

End here.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
DIY: Rear Door Panel Removal

Start Here:

Remove the plastic/rubber cover pieces behind the door handle and grab handle

Remove the two Philips screws that were hidden by the covers

Locate the recess on the lower part of the door panel and pull, yank, tug, to break the clips free from the door skin. Again, don't pull so hard that it rips the wiring harness and door handle out

There's a hidden clip behind where the screwdriver is pointing... You may want to pop the clip out from the back

Remove the door handle and unplug the wiring harness

You'll end up with something like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats awesome - I was curious about this because i was thinking about adding some Sound Barrier stuff to reduce the wind noise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, nice tutorial.
I would like to change my side door mirror. Have you ever did that? I acceed to it but wasn't able to unlock the screw (was scared of loosing the screw in the door body..).
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering doing this

I'm most probably going to sound deaden my car. My question to you, if you remove the black cover to install sound deadening there, do you think that it will affect the space the window has when it's down??

·
Banned
842 Posts
The quick answer is no. This is how you gain best access to laying the sound reducing material on the outer shell of the door.
Here is my short video after the front doors were done.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've done the front doors. Put the butyl foil-backed sheets generously on the outer metal panel, and MLV+CCF. Enough room for the windows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi has anyone removed the black panel that houses the window motor etc, any instructions on what the best procedure is, I'll be doing a full door sound dampening soon ? Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts