2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the Mazda3 HB for some time now and decided the 2010 model is for me. I contacted one of my local dealers, and asked about the 2010 Mazda3 Speed3. I was told this is incorrect, that they are ONLY releasing a 'Sport' model for 2010 and the Speed3 was going to be released next year for 2011.

So I went to the dealership, and the 'salesperson' I spoke to over e-mail didn't even come out to meet me - he sent a peon instead. We went ahead and tested the 'S' model (6-speed manual). Very nice car, except the sales person knew absolutely NOTHING about the car, and made several incorrect statements regarding the options, features etc.

I then noticed they have inventory for a quote '2010 Mazda 3 HB Speed3'.. I had the paper in my hand, they denied it, saying this car does not exist. They said they do have some 2009 Speed3's and that would be my only choice until 2011. Obviously I was skeptical, and further checking shows this to be a complete fabrication.

So now I am seeking a dealership pretty much anywhere in the West, or Mid-west USA where I can buy or order a 2010 Mazda3 Speed3 and drive it back to the west coast. Any suggestions? I refuse to give this dealership any more money, and am quite willing to spend a weekend driving back across the USA.

Cheers!

:argh 1:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sure pretty much any Mazda dealership near you have some speed3's on order. Just call around to other Mazda dealerships and put yourself on a contact list when they receive their shipment.

I certainly would not deal with the boneheads at the dealership you mentioned; they sound like crooks.

·
1,234 Posts
I agree with lmnt, sounds like a bad dealership. If I remember correctly I think the next Mazdaspeed 3 will be available in late summer/early Fall as a 2011 model. It doesn't make sense now for Mazda to release it as a 2010 model year since the 2011 model year will be coming up soon.

Of course Mazda could always release it as a 2010.5 mid-year model change in the Fall and start production of the 2011 model year by winter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm contacting some dealers up to 200 miles away and they are far more responsive. I'm actually considering the 2009 Speed3, or just the 2010 S model HB.. any suggestions on 2009vs2010 Speed3's .. or is it basically just looks?

I heard something about the 2009 using mechanical steering and brakes, but I don't know for sure..

Cheers!

·
Master of the 6th Spd
59 Posts
Yeah I have to say I was unhappy with my deal with my MZ3, although I am happy with the car, but the deal changed after the finance paperwork was done... they promised a bigger loan. They meaning the salesperson. The loan was supposed to be bigger for 3000 dollars back to pay off the rest of my other car that was totalled... SO in my disgust I should of completely redid the deal. But I didnt..:stupid:

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are differences between the 2009 and 2010 mazdaspeed 3 models. I forget what the big one is, but it is something where the 2009 model is bolted in two places and the 2010 model is now bolted in three places for added stability and less problems. I guess this part breaks after awhile on the older mazdaspeed3 models. Other than looks, the 2009 model has a GT trim whereas the 2010 model does not yet.

·
Master of the 6th Spd
59 Posts
I actually enjoyed the Mazdaspeed 3! I was actually offered one for 18K and it only had 9000 miles on it. It was a company car, so it looked brand new from the factory still.. surprisingly! The most Noteworthy thing about the MZS3 is that it has torque in all gears! Its just an awesome car for an FF setup.. I wish I had one...:sad 1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts