2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I want to upgrade the brake rotors of my 2.5. The use is for autocross/trackday and daily.

Both are slotted, but the EBC are dimpled and the Stoptech are totally drilled. I hear that the totally drilledtend to crack from the perforations. This happend in trackdays due the high temps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are your class restrictions?
What do you mean? Trim level?

Here in Perú there is no so many options. Core, full and high (yeap, not GS, GT, Sport, etc).

All the 2.5 are"High", I think is equivalent to GT in USA. 18" rims, Bose audio, etc.

·
*The Electrician*
869 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
EBC Green Stuff 2000 front brake pads, OEM rear pads, and EBC RK rotors. Vastly improved stopping power with good linear control and the rotors are supposed to have better corrosion control and heat resistance than stock.
CK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stoptech slotted rears, centric blank fronts, pads are all stoptech streets.
Improved stopping power, although i would love to swap out the fronts to a big brake kit..
I havent had any issues with my brakes so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For autocrossing, OEM pads and rotors are fine as the speeds attained as well as the duration at which you are on course (a minute at the most, typically) doesn't warrant the need (read: cost) for blingy brakes.

For track days, I would get Brembo blanks (not drilled, not slotted, just a good rotor) and pads from Porterfield or Pagid.

In either case, good fluid can't hurt. I use AP Racing 570 as I really only autocross these days, but Motul 600 is awesome stuff as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts