2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a front turn signal that acts as a DRL white, then switches amber for turn signal.

I always disliked the orignal yellow-ish DRL, can i disabled it, but do want to keep high beam for safety on the streets.

You guys probably already know, DRL and high beam uses the same bulb.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered a front turn signal that acts as a DRL white, then switches amber for turn signal.

I always disliked the orignal yellow-ish DRL, can i disabled it, but do want to keep high beam for safety on the streets.

You guys probably already know, DRL and high beam uses the same bulb.

Thanks
I am going to assume that you have a 2014 or newer Mazda3 with halogen headlights. If so then all you have to do is look as fuse box under your hood. There is a fuse marked DRL something (cant remember exactly), it's a 15 amp fuse. Pull the fuse and say good buy to your ugly headlight DRL. And YES high beam will still work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to assume that you have a 2014 or newer Mazda3 with halogen headlights. If so then all you have to do is look as fuse box under your hood. There is a fuse marked DRL something (cant remember exactly), it's a 15 amp fuse. Pull the fuse and say good buy to your ugly headlight DRL. And YES high beam will still work.
I have a 2012 Mazda 3, same process ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2012 Mazda 3, same process ?
most likely. Pop your hood and fuse box cover. Look for the fuse marked DRL and pull it out. That should solve your problem if you have halogen headlights. If you have LED headlights, it is more complicated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts