2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new wheels without tpms sensor but the car shows warning msg everytime now as there is no reading.
I can hit info button once every time after car starts and the warning msg will go away but I have a constant icon on my RPM Tac guage.

Is there anyway to get rid of that?
In older cars they use to have a dedicated TPMS button you could press but these new cars don't have any physical button and I could not find anything in the software setting.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 GT Sport 2.5T w/ PP
268 Posts
Nope, at least not in an official capacity. Have the same issue when ours is wearing winter wheels and tires. If you're not re-using the OEM wheels, I'd suggest re-using their TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do not have any TPMS in our 2015 M3. Somehow the ABS does the calculating (I wish I knew how). You Tube solution for IDTPS (Idiot Driver Tire Pressure Sensor) place four sensors in a home made PVC screw end plug and drill for a standard air fitting. Ask a friendly tire dealer to program the sensors, place in container, seal and pressurize; not certain if this works on current Mazda's. If lending out the car (not recommended) advise to manually check the tire pressure; as in the good old days.

I always check tire pressure, aside from "reliable" computers: After a warm up start on a decent road surface do a NASCAR style S turns. You should know how properly inflated tires feel.
Rolled my first new car 10 hours out of the dealer due to lack of pressure (proven by the CHP). Then again almost peeled my tire off, in my youth, on a tight Freeway on ramp while messing around.

NEVER again. Always carry a pressure gauge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put winter spikes to stock wheels and got 19"s for summer tires. Put Autel TPMS sensors in a hope that the car will re-registerd those =)...If not then I need to buy the programmer for the sensors to copy&paste original sensor IDs

·
Registered
839 Posts
Quote: "...Do not have any TPMS in our 2015 M3. Somehow the ABS does the calculating (I wish I knew how)."

Your wish to know how is hereby granted:

The third gens use the anti-lock braking system's wheel speed sensors as their TPMS. It can do this because the car's computer is constantly informed by the wheel speed sensors just how fast each wheel is revolving. If and when a wheel begins spinning faster or slower than the others, the computer will assume that wheel has a problem, presumably low air pressure, and will alarm the TPMS.

This is a simple, effective, economic and convenient way to warn against a tire having low air pressure. The TPMS doesn't have dedicated sensors that need to be changed out when switching wheels and tires or worn-out batteries, but it does need for each tire to have about the same circumference as the others. It also doesn't tell you which tire is low on air pressure when the alarm goes off, but that is no real problem because a tire-pressure gauge or the toe of a boot can supply that data quite handily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately there is no way to disable that. I paid for sensors and am glad I did.
Bro, what kind of sensor did you get? I have a set of offmarket rim, which is FC04 from fast. I'm buying the stock sensor from Mazda. I'm wondering if you also got off market rim? if you do, how to you know the sensor you got that can fit your rim? Or does all the senor are standard size so it fits any rims?

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
281 Posts
Bro, what kind of sensor did you get? I have a set of offmarket rim, which is FC04 from fast. I'm buying the stock sensor from Mazda. I'm wondering if you also got off market rim? if you do, how to you know the sensor you got that can fit your rim? Or does all the senor are standard size so it fits any rims?
I bought a wheel and tire package from TireRack.com they had an option to install TPMS sensors and I just added that to cart. The tires came mounted and balanced with TPMS installed so I don't know much about the actual sensors. All I can say is the sensor is listed as '315MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR' in the invoice. Also, they costed $65 for a sensor but that also I cludes installation. Probably over paid there but oh well, I wasn't going to take apart already balanced tires from a wheel to save a few bucks buying and installing them myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a wheel and tire package from TireRack.com they had an option to install TPMS sensors and I just added that to cart. The tires came mounted and balanced with TPMS installed so I don't know much about the actual sensors. All I can say is the sensor is listed as '315MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR' in the invoice. Also, they costed $65 for a sensor but that also I cludes installation. Probably over paid there but oh well, I wasn't going to take apart already balanced tires from a wheel to save a few bucks buying and installing them myself.
Thank you my man. 315 is what I was looking at. It is not overpriced, the one I found in Costco is 75 each

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thank you my man. 315 is what I was looking at. It is not overpriced, the one I found in Costco is 75 each
Oh interesting, Costco is usually pretty affordable. Does that include installation?
The sensors are one time use from what I've read so everytime you buy new tires you're supposed to get new sensors because the batteries aren't replaceable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh interesting, Costco is usually pretty affordable. Does that include installation?
The sensors are one time use from what I've read so everytime you buy new tires you're supposed to get new sensors because the batteries aren't replaceable.
sorry for the late replay, I asked Costco, it is the price for the sensor only.
Another question for you is that did you programmed the sensor so it can connect to your car or you just simply install it to you car and drive few km then it connect to your car automatically?

·
Registered
2019 Mazda3 Sport GT Polymetal over Garnet
11 Posts
I paid $75CND/ea at a Mazda Dealer for my sensors. Why bother with Costco, when you can have OEM and no compatibility issues? They automatically pair to the car also. Not sure if aftermarket sensors will or not.

·
Registered
281 Posts
sorry for the late replay, I asked Costco, it is the price for the sensor only.
Another question for you is that did you programmed the sensor so it can connect to your car or you just simply install it to you car and drive few km then it connect to your car automatically?
Late reply, if buying tires from Costco they may or may not allow you to supply your own sensors from OEM Mazda Parts store. Costco is very picky about only installing tires on OEM wheels. So this policy may or may not apply to sensors, I speak from past experiences with them a few years ago. Regardless of OEM or aftermarket, there is no pairing process. It will automatically start reading after a few minutes of driving.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts