2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can pull the B-pillar trim piece out and unscrew the door open switch and splice the wires together to complete the circuit... or something of that sort... I haven't tried it. Or you can remove the instrument cluster and desolder the buzzer on the back of the PCB.

·
Registered
333 Posts
On my 2010 Mazda B4000 I added a switch to a relay wired into the key sense circuit in the steering column... have the keys in an radio on and when the chime went you hit the button (hidden under dash) the sensor/chime disabled... awesome for cleaning/working in truck. The chime/relay would be reset if you closed the door or took the keys out then it would return to normal... unsure how that would apply to Mazda 3 without an ignition key... time to pull out some wiring diagrams for this an auto window ;) hopefully not like B4000... mod wiring in the steering column sucks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bump

I have a weird comment, i just saw a video of someone replacing the door chime on their volvo with a modded one that plays an 8-bit rendering of “Africa” by Toto

so here’s my question, how can WE do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
go to a junk yard and get a seat belt insert. put it in the buckle. I also saw some "redneck version for sale online somewhere. LOL

Universal Car Safety Seat Belt Buckle Clip Insert Alarm Stopper 1 Pair | eBay

this also came up on a search seems really dumb but who knows it could work on our cars.

Annoying Seat Belt Chime Fix
First post on seat buckle made me curious... just tried it and plugging in the seat belt will get rid of the seat belt chime but does nothing for the door chime when it's open...

·
Registered
7 Posts
all the functions in the car will shut off after a time unless the car is running. press start button 2x to get everything to turn on and no chime will happen. the car will prevent too much drain by shutting itself down afer like 30 minz or something. didnt time it but its a decent time scheme.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ignoring all of the useless replies, No there is no easy way of doing this. The Start Stop unit reads the door sensor (located in the actual lock mechanism of the door) and sends the data to the Instrument cluster over the canbus. Short of either messing with the wires and adding a switch on the SSU or breaking the CAN lines between the SSU and IC with a CAN module, there is nothing you can really do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone attempted this? It drives me nuts when cleaning the interior.
When you open the driver side door the latch that's attached to the door handle on the inside of the door take your finger and push it all the way back and the beeping noise will go away. To get latch to go back in place just pull the door handle open.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts