2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
datsunnyit
132 Posts
TV DVD input for front side camera

Hi Withe , absolutly GREAT GREAT & GREAT.
I imagine that instead of the signal from the TV TUNER VIDEO from CHINA you can use the signal of a front camera or side camera . is Right?

the function enabling TV is only possible with the control knob on the console near the gear lever, or you can enable it with a manual switch located under the steering wheel or near the standard switch at the left of steering wheel?
I need to be enabled at any time the front camera or sidecamera.
the camera is necessary in parking area or in particular situation

in your video
MZD Connect Imitation CD
I see the cable with yellow,red,white connectors ( AUDIO AND VIDEO INPUT )
connected at mini jack.

is possible connect at this cable the front camera ?
and put the signal at the minijack AUX on MAZDA 3 ?
Are necessary some modify at the software ?

Thank You

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Hi Withe , absolutly GREAT GREAT & GREAT.
I imagine that instead of the signal from the TV TUNER VIDEO from CHINA you can use the signal of a front camera or side camera . is Right?

the function enabling TV is only possible with the control knob on the console near the gear lever, or you can enable it with a manual switch located under the steering wheel or near the standard switch at the left of steering wheel?
I need to be enabled at any time the front camera or sidecamera.
the camera is necessary in parking area or in particular situation

in your video
MZD Connect Imitation CD
I see the cable with yellow,red,white connectors ( AUDIO AND VIDEO INPUT )
connected at mini jack.

is possible connect at this cable the front camera ?
and put the signal at the minijack AUX on MAZDA 3 ?
Are necessary some modify at the software ?

Thank You
Hi.
1. Yes. It is possible to use video signal from any source if video was composite.
2. In this version of program controller enable video mode is possible only from additional buttons. But audio and video settings and exit video mode from original joystick. It is also supported by original function to automatically switch image from rear view camera when driving on back and BT on incoming call and then back to video input.
3. Really AUX have video input, but it is not active in software, for activation you need to make changes to software. This I could not do.

1. Sì. È possibile utilizzare il segnale video da qualsiasi fonte, importante, che sarebbe il segnale video è stato composito.
2. In questa versione del software del controller per attivare la modalità video è possibile solo pulsante. Ma le impostazioni video, audio e uscita dalla modalità video originale joystick. Sono supportati anche l'originale funzione di commutazione automatica su un'immagine da una telecamera di retromarcia durante la guida in culo e la modalità BT quando squilla il telefono e poi di nuovo l'ingresso video.
3. In AUX veramente un ingresso video, ma non è attivo a livello software, per l'attivazione è necessario modificare il software. Questo mi potrebbe mai fare.
Mi dispiace per il cattivo inglese, italiano non so in generale, e ha approfittato di un traduttore.

Si può anche prendere il dispositivo con più ingressi video e uno video di uscita e di collegare alla videocamera per la retromarcia. Se si desidera attivare l'ingresso telecamera di retromarcia non si fa. Per questo è necessario dare il comando a HS CAN: ID=09F il Primo byte è attivare la fotocamera, 40-OFF, 41-ON (le dimensioni non sono inclusi, completo di luminosità), 49-ON (dimensioni incluso, la scarsa luminosità). Per questo è necessario utilizzare il CAN filtro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Withe, Great Job. Would you share some more info please:

1. where can we get this Controller Box that simulates the H-CAN signal please?

2. I suppose the Video output will black out when the car is in motion. Did you workaround this with Infotainment software modification or other method please?

3. From your video, the DTV input was activated. Will you be able to program the Controller Box to control the DVD or the coming DTV box via Steering Wheel buttons, Touch Screen and/or the Mazda Connect Knots and buttons please?

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Hi Withe, Great Job. Would you share some more info please:

1. where can we get this Controller Box that simulates the H-CAN signal please?

2. I suppose the Video output will black out when the car is in motion. Did you workaround this with Infotainment software modification or other method please?

3. From your video, the DTV input was activated. Will you be able to program the Controller Box to control the DVD or the coming DTV box via Steering Wheel buttons, Touch Screen and/or the Mazda Connect Knots and buttons please?
1. The controller must be able to work with CAN at a speed of 500 Kbit/s. But important not controller and controller software. The program for controller I wrote myself. Analogues I don't know. I'm sorry, but program for controller I won't publish. I could sell programmed controller, but you are not in Russia and how to be with delivery I don't know.
2. The video signal is not lost when vehicle is in motion. You can watch video, not problem.
3. In my video I connected a portable DVD but you can connect any device with RCA outputs. In original menu points are not added. The controller simulates presence of original DTV, but in original menu is not displayed. This required an additional button activating input. In the software of controller I did: a Short press of original joystick is audio settings. Long press (over 2 seconds) this video settings. If you have a reversing camera, while driving on ass, you will see a picture of back of camera and off automatically reversing to see image of video input. The same system will work for an incoming call of the phone (BT). All original functions I saved.

I have a question. Can I mod Mirabox cable and connect to MZD connect the way you showed in your video tutorial?:mellow 1:
This Mirabox:
http://www.importservice.nu/Shop/Page/Private/MiraBox WiFi - HotSpot.pdf
Yes. Your device has RCA composite signals and it can be connected to MZD Connect

No. It's a different device.
This device transmits image on monitor and receives information about touchscreen using LVDS. When operating this device, you will not be able to see on monitor original functions MZD Connect if you have activated this device.
Do you have decided how you will connect the sound to original amplifier?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes. Your device has RCA composite signals and it can be connected to MZD Connect

This device transmits image on monitor and receives information about touchscreen using LVDS.

Do you have decided how you will connect the sound to original amplifier?
Based on your explanations, I will need to do a few trials and errors myself connecting Mirabox directly to the MZD Connect and see how it turns out.:|

Now that you mentioned audio, that will be another challenge. Would be so much easier if I can add in Android Auto frameworks into MZD Connect somehow.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I changed operation of controller. Now you can activate TV input from original menu item AUX. Without internal changes of head unit. Works like this:
- If in AUX Jack connector inserted external audio device, selecting AUX reproduced by external device (original algorithm MZD Connect).
- If AUX Jack is missing connector from external audio device, selecting AUX proposes activating TV audio video input.
You can choose how to activate TV mode from additional buttons or from point AUX.
All features MZD Connect work without change (except that AUX function has been extended)
Later will upload a video of how it works, and now connection diagram:

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
You should sell your custom made controller on ebay or something. Awesome work man.

BTW, notice you don't have TV in your entertainment source. I think you can try to enable it by editing the systemApps.js file located at /jci/gui/apps/system/js/.

Somewhere in that file there is a line (in my case, it's line 620, may differ depending on your firmware version) that says:

{ appData : { appName : 'tv', isVisible : false, audioSourceId : 'TV',

You will need laptop, router/phone hotspot, Putty app on laptop, Network IP scanner app (I use Advanced IP Scanner) on laptop and WinSCP app on laptop.

More detailed instruction on how to access MZD Connect system here:
http://www.mazda3hacks.com/doku.php?id=notes:sshnotes

More details about that systemApps.js file here:
http://www.mazda3hacks.com/doku.php?id=hacks:sourcelistorder

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You should sell your custom made controller on ebay or something. Awesome work man.

BTW, notice you don't have TV in your entertainment source. I think you can try to enable it by editing the systemApps.js file located at /jci/gui/apps/system/js/.

Somewhere in that file there is a line (in my case, it's line 620, may differ depending on your firmware version) that says:

{ appData : { appName : 'tv', isVisible : false, audioSourceId : 'TV',

You will need laptop, router/phone hotspot, Putty app on laptop, Network IP scanner app (I use Advanced IP Scanner) on laptop and WinSCP app on laptop.

More detailed instruction on how to access MZD Connect system here:
notes:sshnotes [Mazda3Hacks]

More details about that systemApps.js file here:
hacks:sourcelistorder [Mazda3Hacks]
Thank you. I know about : appData : { appName : 'tv', isVisible : false, audioSourceId : 'TV',. I tried to change visibility, but nothing happens. Visibility "TV" is determined by information from MMUI. MMUI determines this information from Local HS CAN.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank you. I know about : appData : { appName : 'tv', isVisible : false, audioSourceId : 'TV',. I tried to change visibility, but nothing happens. Visibility "TV" is determined by information from MMUI. MMUI determines this information from Local HS CAN.
Oh. That's too bad. You have a perfect solution if only the TV option in the entertainment source appears.:surprise:

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Withe - where did you get silver ring for your "Start & Stop" button?

There are films for cars, such as "3D Carbon". These films are well pull. I used film "3D aluminum" and I glued film some details of car.

Attachments

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Oh. That's too bad. You have a perfect solution if only the TV option in the entertainment source appears.:surprise:
If you add TV to main menu brings up several problems:
1. CMU will open original application for TV. Original TV app is not compatible with appearance of third-party devices.
2. Automatically activated option to prevent viewing of images in motion.
I think I found the best solution from those that now exist. Does not require large changes to original parts or firmware.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you add TV to main menu brings up several problems:
1. CMU will open original application for TV. Original TV app is not compatible with appearance of third-party devices.
2. Automatically activated option to prevent viewing of images in motion.
I think I found the best solution from those that now exist. Does not require large changes to original parts or firmware.
Didn't consider that possibility of Original TV app. But in your videos, I notice the top left says "TV". I thought it is the TV app. Or am I mistaken and it's actually AUX with video?:|

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Didn't consider that possibility of Original TV app. But in your videos, I notice the top left says "TV". I thought it is the TV app. Or am I mistaken and it's actually AUX with video?:|
Yes. This is only a small part of original application TV. Note it is "Emergency TV". That would not use full original app "TV" and an extra button to activate preview I used in menu "AUX"
The full app TV at bottom of screen are control buttons!
I did so (This .gif, open the image to view):

Attachments

21 - 40 of 134 Posts