2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was in the market for a mazdaspeed 3 and found a gen 1 for a good deal and under kbb. The vehicle itself is well taken care of and doesn't seem to have any problems. The only part that I feel a little weary about is that I was told that the cluster was replaced (due to the speedometer breaking) so the car reads mileage that is around 10k under the actual mileage. This was confirmed with the carfax which shows the time of discrepancy and the miles on the carfax just kept building off of the new cluster's mileage.

I was wondering if I would run into any problems with the warranty or insurance due to the problem.

He also changed it out himself as a mechanic so there doesn't seem to be any documentation for the mileage change.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
752 Posts
if the title is marked as incorrect mileage which it should be the value will be decreased. low ball them with an offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is the first owner of the car so the title itself isn't marked as incorrect mileage yet, it is only listed on the carfax and maybe at the dealership that he got the car serviced at

1 - 3 of 3 Posts