2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's the one i put in. Seemed fine but i think it may be giving off some residue that builds up on my windows. Never had this issue till i went with this. Think i need to replace it more often than every 6mo.
Are you still getting residue on your windows? Have you been able to determine if it comes from this cabin air filter?

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't know about you guys but the AutoZone one I bought as a replacement was no different from the OEM one as far as I can tell. No weird smells, no insane dust buildup in the cabin or restriction. Is it that big of a deal between charcoal VS. paper/whatever material they decide to use for cheap filters?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Are you still getting residue on your windows? Have you been able to determine if it comes from this cabin air filter?

Thanks!
I gave the windows a good cleaning and its been fine. Probably a combination of the winter with windows closed and some family members who vape.

Ill be putting a new one in the beginning of next month.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I gave the windows a good cleaning and its been fine. Probably a combination of the winter with windows closed and some family members who vape.
A little known thing on "CAR" forums but known in the RV forums and world of RV..these work wonders for any vehicle in the moist months or for hot summers that the AC is used a lot.
And naturally is you are going to have your car parked for any length of time.

Dri-Z-Air Dehumidifier

Sorry about the internet picture I can't get to mine right now. Doing the gargae cleaning and re-arranging thing.

DriZ.PNG

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't know about you guys but the AutoZone one I bought as a replacement was no different from the OEM one as far as I can tell. No weird smells, no insane dust buildup in the cabin or restriction. Is it that big of a deal between charcoal VS. paper/whatever material they decide to use for cheap filters?
The carbon and charcoal filters are treated to help reduce the odors both from the outside and the recirculating air from the inside. Like most filters, their life is affected by how much air is blown thru them. Both filters work the same in filtering particulates, except that the white particulate filter is not doing an extensive of a job filter the smells.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm also trying to find part number MP111KD47. I took the filter out for inspection after a year and it looks kinda gross. Gotta change it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts