2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Today I changed my cabin air filter, bought the OEM Filter Part#KD45-61-J6X, at Tasca Parts online and I received the same filter as per the link below:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mazda-KD45-61-J6X-Cabin-Filter/dp/B00KWETZS2[/ame]

However, the filter I pulled from the car has the numbers MP111KD47 on it (Picture below, credits to OP and discussed on this thread https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856340-Unclog-a-c-drain-and-remove-musty-smell-easily ). The filter I pulled is an official branded Mazda part, it has never been out of the car until now and it looks like from factory they place a charcoal/carbon activated filter.

I cannot find nowhere the OEM part# MP111KD47-- charcoal/carbon activated replacement filter. I would much prefer one, if it's available, but it appears that it is not.

It is clear that at the original factory in Japan they installed a different air cabin filter, but on the internet I'm only able to find OEM Filter Part# KD45-61-J6X. So my questions here are, how can I find this specific filter? And does it make any difference from the one I received?

Thank for your input!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No success so far, as I'm still looking for the "factory" charcoal/carbon activated filter. I will try to call or visit my dealership to verify which cabin air filter replacements they supply.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got mine off Amazon as well. Works great.

If you are looking for "factory" buy from the factory/manufacture. Keep in mind they may not do the carbon one anymore since the car is made in Mexico now.

·
*The Electrician*
880 Posts
This is another option

[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01HU1MUOU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1515290993&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=2017+Mazda+3+cabin+filter&dpPl=1&dpID=5181W9sxh8L&ref=plSrch[/ame]

Reactions: CJR238

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's the one i put in. Seemed fine but i think it may be giving off some residue that builds up on my windows. Never had this issue till i went with this. Think i need to replace it more often than every 6mo.
Strange. Wonder if it's the baking soda. I shall report on this further down the road.

Reactions: CJR238

·
Banned
842 Posts
trying something NEW

After using my AC today for the first time since October....... :crying2: I just ordered the CF11811 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter with Arm & Hammer by Fram. Will see how that works? Gimmick... or a future recommended cabin filter ??? :wink2:

·
Banned
842 Posts
How is that filter working out for you?
When I first installed it my wife and I both distinctly noticed a difference when using the AC.
From then I have noticed only that I get none smelling air even when using the AC. So I guess it seems to be, at least for me one that I will continue to use. In fact I just ordered 2 more for the rest of the year.

Gosh I forgot I posted on this thread about it. I posted on another thread as well about it.
Post # 3018 02-08-2018, 07:23 PM & #3022 00-09:54 AM
*http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-discussion/31009-what-did-you-do-your-2014-mazda-3-a-302.html#post2247210
:smile2:

*Interesting reference 02-06-2018, 04:38 PM

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I first installed it my wife and I both distinctly noticed a difference when using the AC.
From then I have noticed only that I get none smelling air even when using the AC. So I guess it seems to be, at least for me one that I will continue to use. In fact I just ordered 2 more for the rest of the year.

Gosh I forgot I posted on this thread about it. I posted on another thread as well about it.
Post # 3018 02-08-2018, 07:23 PM & #3022 00-09:54 AM
*http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-discussion/31009-what-did-you-do-your-2014-mazda-3-a-302.html#post2247210
:smile2:

*Interesting reference 02-06-2018, 04:38 PM

Did you happen to notice any difference in air flow after putting in this filter? Put the same one in and it seems like i barely get anything come out till i turn it to maybe level 3 or 4 now

·
Banned
842 Posts
Did you happen to notice any difference in air flow after putting in this filter? Put the same one in and it seems like i barely get anything come out till i turn it to maybe level 3 or 4 now
I didn't notice. But today I will be washing the car and detailing and will pull it out turn the air (not AC) and install it and see if I notice any change?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Ok so today I taped my my dwyers flow meter flow tubes to the cent air vent. I set the meters needle at .40 for ease of observation only!
I tested all the speed setting with and without the cabin filter.

YES! there is a slight drop in air pressure when the cabin filter(s) are used. I still had the OEM cabin filter and after carefully blowing it out I tested it. The results were so close it was not even worth all the trouble doing this test. Never the less I said I would.

I was also watching the volt gauge although (ohm at the fan motor would have been more appropriate) and it remained constant. That really means nothing but one could sorta say that the higher amp draw with a cabin filter may have caused a slight momentary increase in voltage until the charging system stabilized. But that would reallllllly be stretching theory. LOL

My opinion is that any cabin filter that may alter the flow in a negative result are not worth mentioning or going without the use of any. Blower fan failures in cars are so rare now I dont even remember in years the last time I had to change one for my own vehicle let alone in the shop for a customer?

I hope my little test was somewhat informative , useful or at least gave some a good chuckle!

20180216_115554edit.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts