2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2013 skyactiv I grand touring.

It's giving me 24mpg average.
Most of you ms3 owners are getting that even when you drive it like you stole it..
So wtf...

My question is for any of you guys who traded in your skyactiv for a ms3

How much did you pay for it (after tax) vs the trade in value (they gave you) towards your ms3

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was averaging 33mpg in my 2012 skyactiv, i loved that car. Traded it for $16,000 and had 4k equity in it. bought the speed3 for 23,000 and put 4k down, owe just over 19k on the speed. I'm averaging 29mpg in the speed, but i'm playing in the boost 80% of the time.

It was the best, most reckless buying decision i've ever made, everyone called me an idiot for trading in a year old car and basically adding 7k to my debt....i haven't looked back.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Best thing to do is go to the dealership. Or call a few dealerships to see how much the difference you would pay.

But before that, I would complain a lot and see if you can get a new skyactiv. My boss bought a 2014 cx5 and it was acting up so the dealership traded her car for a new one. Yup, the dealership actually did something right for a change

·
Registered
26 Posts
ugh this makes me depressed..i live in canada, traded my 2010 mazda 3 sport in last year after 2 years of having it for a speed 3.. speed was 39k and the negative equity i buried from the mazda 3 was 5k...

and after doing a road trip to boston last week and seeing how cheap everything is and how none existent tax is (my province is 15% sales tax)..i wanna move down lol

not to mention to fill my car at home is $74, to fill it when i was in the states was $47...holy fuck!lol

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yeah if you are averaging 24 you need to get the dealership to check that out. I average 37 with my 2012

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was averaging 33mpg in my 2012 skyactiv, i loved that car. Traded it for $16,000 and had 4k equity in it. bought the speed3 for 23,000 and put 4k down, owe just over 19k on the speed. I'm averaging 29mpg in the speed, but i'm playing in the boost 80% of the time.

It was the best, most reckless buying decision i've ever made, everyone called me an idiot for trading in a year old car and basically adding 7k to my debt....i haven't looked back.
Sorry is suck with all these finance terms.

So you paid 20k for skyactiv but they gave you 16k?
Bought the ms3 for 23k after tax?

My math is soooo bad !!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry is suck with all these finance terms.

So you paid 20k for skyactiv but they gave you 16k?
Bought the ms3 for 23k after tax?

My math is soooo bad !!

I bought the skyactiv in 2012 for 22k, sold it last month for 16k, so i guess it depreciated 5k

The speed3 cost 23k after taxes, licencing and registration.

I went in and wouldnt budge off private party kbb value on my car, they bent enough to convince me to do the deal, i suggest you do the same if you cant live with the skyactiv for a few years!

I say this because once the 2014's are fully stocked at the dealerships, the price of the 2012 and 2013's will drop because everyone will want the new look.

Your best bet is to head to the dealership with your game face on and a price in mind, don't move off those terms :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
good luck, lawwl. whatever you decide, make sure you are 100% commited to it and try to get the best deal you can get. call mulitple dealerships to get quotes. make them call you back and make sure to be patient. they will call you back everyday and try to get a deal with you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you drive the hell out of a speed your going to get about 20. A little playing will get 23 or so.

I paid 25k out the door with tech.
@Funkydslr your averaging 29 with you speed. Must be all highway
Yeah, my commute is like a 1/4 mile to the freeway and then 30 miles of 101 and back. I'm taking all highway miles to a new level.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah, my commute is like a 1/4 mile to the freeway and then 30 miles of 101 and back. I'm taking all highway miles to a new level.
That's great! lucky to be so close to the freeway. I live 10 minutes from the freeway and work is another 10 minutes from the freeway. so, about 40 minutes city driving everyday. I can get about 24 mpg if I take it easy and boost when I only need to.

I got 20 mpg with more boost then usual. when I want to have some fun for a change.

but, for most of the time, I DD my car and try to get the best mpg possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts