2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder whether MAZDA puts forward the hybird type or not,I know it is more expensive than common one.It really saves oil that much?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hybrids are still expensive. You typically have to keep the hybrid for 14 years to reach the breakeven point from your the initial cash purchase. If gasoline prices rise further, I would imagine that the time would reduce.

You get your biggest energy savings from city driving in stop and go traffic.

What concerns me about hybrids are the batteries. Batteries don't last forever and they are expensive to replace. I wonder how much it costs to replace the batteries.

·
Registered
201 Posts
And to everybody who thinks hybrids are good for the environment, they're sadly mistaken. Hybrids do more damage with the disposal of a single battery than a regular (mazda 3, shall we say? ;) ) does to the environment in its lifetime of gas consumption.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And to everybody who thinks hybrids are good for the environment, they're sadly mistaken. Hybrids do more damage with the disposal of a single battery than a regular (mazda 3, shall we say? ;) ) does to the environment in its lifetime of gas consumption.

I just know that our oil reserve is not that much,saving little by little will make a difference.:stuart:

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
Not to mention the huge strip mining operations required to dig all the lithium out of the ground. Entire regions can be decimated by the run off from those open pits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts