2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone succeeded to install auto windows closer, that can close all windows with the door lock signal from the key?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know in North America it's a safety concern, the cars I owned in Europe, VW and Opel had that feature, VW had REMOTE all windows DOWN (open) and UP (close), Opel was only UP. I wonder if Mazda 3 is different in Europe and actually has this feature !?

Here only driver's window is automated up and down and it's not remote ... I think it will NOT work unless they are designed with the automation in place from factory, same with the moon roof.

If someone finds how it can be done, I'm also really interested :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Europe version, and it has automated up and down for all windows, but not from the remote.
In Ford Focus which i had before, the long press on the Unlock button on the remote roll down all windows, and long press on the Lock button closed up all windows.
It probably needs some additional hardware and wiring to work, but it should not be too complicated.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Neat feature, but how exactly do you think it's a "safety concern"?
it's a safety concern for idoits..and for corporations getting sued.
here in america, we are very happy to sue even if it's user error.
So there are disclaimers on everything.

this reminds me of the McDonald's incident where a woman spilled hot coffee on herself and sued because the coffee was too hot and it burned her.

just can't have nice things =(

·
Registered
468 Posts
i would rather like to see auto open and auto close all windows from the drivers switch.
That would be a convenient feature.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i had to add that future to my M3 GTs and CX-5 GT LX, one window closes at a time when you walk away from the car or use the remote to close each car.

I paid about 80 bucks installed for each.

·
Registered
372 Posts

this reminds me of the McDonald's incident where a woman spilled hot coffee on herself and sued because the coffee was too hot and it burned her.

BS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Coffee (or any drink) should never be served hot enough to cause 3rd-degree burns in 3 seconds, especially to someone in a moving vehicle. You can't drink it that hot.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Awesome rhetoric bro.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have european version and i only have driver window auto up</down all other are electric :(
In europe almost every car in full trim have automated windows but mazda got to be selfish...

·
Registered
87 Posts
LOL it's pretty much a user error if you kill your pet or even worse and it happened too that kids got killed by auto power windows, however all windows should have force detection regardless of auto or not.
I know for that VW had first click up auto if force is encountered auto down if after that you hold the button up it's panic and it bypasses the force sensing...

I'm not going into legal but yes that is why they don't have the option in NA - it spares them a visit to the court if something bad happens.
@huecobros how did you add the option ... or will you add the option ... where? how? who? ... :) let me know! any alarm shop can do it, is there another module ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
LOL it's pretty much a user error if you kill your pet or even worse and it happened too that kids got killed by auto power windows, however all windows should have force detection regardless of auto or not.
I know for that VW had first click up auto if force is encountered auto down if after that you hold the button up it's panic and it bypasses the force sensing...

I'm not going into legal but yes that is why they don't have the option in NA - it spares them a visit to the court if something bad happens.
@huecobros how did you add the option ... or will you add the option ... where? how? who? ... :) let me know! any alarm shop can do it, is there another module ?
i'm friends with the girl that sold me the cars at the mazda dealership, she hooked me up with the guy who does it for the them, called the guy, arranged the appointment and he did both cars in one afternoon. Obviously i spent much less this way if i payed the dealership directly. It only takes one module for all 4 windows each car, plus labor, if you want the sunroof to close as well it takes another module (extra cost) not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i'm friends with the girl that sold me the cars at the mazda dealership, she hooked me up with the guy who does it for the them, called the guy, arranged the appointment and he did both cars in one afternoon. Obviously i spent much less this way if i payed the dealership directly. It only takes one module for all 4 windows each car, plus labor, if you want the sunroof to close as well it takes another module (extra cost) not worth it IMO.
There's aftermarket modules from DEI and other companies that do exactly this; he probably used one of these.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to find a link to ebay item and install instructions.
Noone has installed it by himself?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts