2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and need some feedback. I do not have skyactive (I can’t find anywhere else to post it). I drive a manual 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L. Over the last month there is a whining sound coming from the front of the car. It is more pronounced when I hit 4th gear and the faster I go the more pronounced it is. It sounds like an electronic winding sound. It only makes the nose when my foot is on the gas pedal. The second I let off it goes away and the second I tap it then it comes right back. It does not do this in neutral. Only while in gear. My first thought was the power steering pump. I decided the jack the car up and put in I gear and accelerate to see if I could pinpoint it. While the car was accelerating there was a distinct whine coming from the pump. Upon inspection I noticed it was leaking. There was never any difficulty turning and the pump made no noise when turning the wheel.So I changed the pump, the resoviour, and tubing to feed the fluid into the pump. Start the car up start driving and bam the noise is back again. So the. I thought maybe there were two noise and this is possibly the transmission. Brought it to the transmission shop and nope it’s not. The only other thing I can think of is I need to change my pressure lines, maybe air is getting into the pump somewhere? Has anyone else run into this issue? Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
You can post a video (sound of the issue) - youtube and post the link here or bring the car to the Mazda dealership for a diagnosis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts