2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , I got a 2013 3 hatchback , All the smooth parts are easy to get Vinylex Lexol protectants to look great but the dash is a different animal with the dots. What protectants are good for the dash.

Thanks

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Youre talking about the rubbery composite material right? For that I never got much shine out of it but had good luck cleaning it with ICE total interior care spray. Not gonna lie, stuff comes out like jizz, but it cleans and protects. I would spray it on a microfiber towel, then wipe the dash. Spraying right on dash will leave dark spots that gotta be rubbed a bit to even out.

Meguiars interior cleaner works well too. Smells like a vacation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd use the Vinylex you already have. That, Meguires Interior Protectant, or 303 Aerspace have served me very well with great results over the years.

The trick to the dash has already been mentioned. Spray the product on a microfiber town and wipe it down. It will not bring the dash to a shine, and I'm not sure if you can even get that matt material to shine if you wanted to. Honestly I try to keep it as dull as possible so it won't reflect onto the windshield and make it hard to see.

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
The trick to the dash has already been mentioned. Spray the product on a microfiber town and wipe it down. It will not bring the dash to a shine, and I'm not sure if you can even get that matt material to shine if you wanted to. Honestly I try to keep it as dull as possible so it won't reflect onto the windshield and make it hard to see.
^ This ^

Dull is best. Best thing we can do to this material is protect it from UV rays.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
718 Posts
A good windshield sun shade what covers the whole windshield while parked in the sun... sort of a hassle to roll up, but I think it's worth the longevity added to the dash and the cooler interior. The best deal I found was a exact fit model from "Intro-Tech" It's about $30 but really well made and rolls up easily and stores behind the front seats.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I actually use vinylex on the dash as well as the trim. Just spray on a micro fiber towel and wipe down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts