2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone dinged my 2016 Mazda 3 driver side panel. There are now two dime-sized dents. How much should it cost to get it repaired? I'm more concerned about the dent. And is it possible to do it myself?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,562 Posts
Fixing the dents are one thing, fixing the paint is something quite different. Soul Red is notoriously hard to match.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes def hard red to match but might not need paint work... have a look in the before and after of the site place I've used before. Can't always be done without paint back to 100% but amazing what can be done...

Before & After : Dent Pro

I'd check with a non-repaint person first... they'll tell you if not possible.

I didn't believe it myself until I had my wifes 07 Mazda 3 get a nasty dent/ding fixed. About 2 inches across nice about an inch... looked like someone hit it with a hammer or more likely a motorcycle bar end. Given I was at a race track likely the later.

Figured paint needed and would be a crease/crinkle in the metal.... perfect fix gone. Should have taken a pic but didn't

·
Registered
353 Posts
Try a dent, paintless repair place as suggested. However, a good body man with a small hammer and backer could gently knock those out.

You don't want to have to repaint at all. The whole side of the car would have to be done.

Ralph

·
Registered
376 Posts
Usually PDR guys won't touch a dent with broken paint. Sorry.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,683 Posts
PDR is a lifesaver. My guy charges $125 per panel to do it.

Unfortunately, I need to check with him about fixing a dent in my new ride.

Somehow...someone put a ding above my passenger side door. No clue how it could have happened...
CK

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
With blending of adjoining panels, my paint shop, and I checked with him explicitedly before buying Soul Red, said he can match the paint and not need to do more than a small part of each adjoining panel.

However, his painter is a magician that I have used for literally many decades.

He did caution me that repainting Soul Red would be about 25% more than regular paint.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Friend just got a bumper replaced and paint matched to soul red.... they nailed it... looks great. It can be done...

For the PDR... if below can be fixed without paint it's at least worth a free discussion ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts