2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some moron opened his door onto mine, put a 1 and half inch dent + Paint scuff..
Im wondering approx how much to fix, and im planning on doing the painting by myself. I hate this, its the most stressful thing, considering I wasnt around (my parents took it out) and its bugging the SH%^ out of me. Not to mention I've had the car for only 2 days and theres already 2 dents.

Anyone have tips for fixing small (less than a golf ball) sized dents?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Some moron opened his door onto mine, put a 1 and half inch dent + Paint scuff..
Im wondering approx how much to fix, and im planning on doing the painting by myself. I hate this, its the most stressful thing, considering I wasnt around (my parents took it out) and its bugging the SH%^ out of me. Not to mention I've had the car for only 2 days and theres already 2 dents.

Anyone have tips for fixing small (less than a golf ball) sized dents?
Paintless dent removal is your best option if there is one in your area. Also be warned unless you are extremely talented at spot painting and blending it is very difficult to make a repair in a panel and make it look good.

Pat.

·
Common Sense
182 Posts
Do a search (google) on youtube compressed air, hair dryer. You might have some great luck on the cheap removing the dent yourself. It might look good enough to not worry about the paint scratch. I live with minor scratches - I've learned not to let it bother me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Once fixed park the F away from morons who do not care. I park my 3 way out in the parking lot and walk .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts