2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I took the muffler off my 2014 iSV and just ran exposed dual pipes where it used to be. My reasons for doing this are twofold:
1.Weight reduction brah
2. #BecausePretendRacecar

It sounds pretty badass, not too loud but a nice noticable purr. here she is...

EDIT: updated, here it is with tips.

·
Registered
49 Posts
it does seem kinda out of place. but it's still cool. lol.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Where in NJ are you from? Props for innovation but it does look too low and out of place. That is why I am going with the Magnaflow. I just have tips on mine for now.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My tips :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Also is that a roof/window lip spoiler? I have been looking for one of those.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are hangers on each side supporting the pipes. The wheels are 17" Drifz by TeamDynamics. Next season I am going to run larger/more aggressive wheels.

I am from weehawken NJ, right next to hoboken, 5 mins from midtown manhattan. I go to school at stockton college in south jersey by AC.

And I am going to get magnaflow tips. Didnt think about painting the pipes, might look into that. I honetly like the way they look now though. Yes they are kind of low and arent what your used to seeing but that's kind of why I like them.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Reactions: shay2nak

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I took the muffler off my 2014 iSV and just ran exposed dual pipes where it used to be. My reasons for doing this are twofold:
1.Weight reduction brah
2. #BecausePretendRacecar

It sounds pretty badass, not too loud but a nice noticable purr. here she is...

Its not finished yet, I'm gonna weld on some tips when I get the time. Probably go quad-tipped.

Where'd you get that window lip spoiler?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: here she is with tips welded on. Much better in my opinion. Yes, its a little different, but I like it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Looks better with the tips, but IMHO, looks out of place because they look way too low.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
This is what I want. Magnaflow!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Big time props for doing you, original is an understatement :thumbup1:

Reactions: nosmiles

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
That magnaflow exhaust looks dope! honestly it wont be much higher up than mine is, my tips are only about an inch from the bottom of the bumper valance. they look lower because they are sticking out about an inch and a half away from the car, closer to the camera. I need to get some better pics.

And thanks fox nice to get some positive feedback lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts