2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Titanium Flash Mica 2014 Mazda 3 on November 1 after a terrible experience with the 2013 focus I owned.

The day I bought it. Dealer installed clear bra, undercoating, and diamond kote paint protection.

I tried to have the roof wrap and 15% rear tint done before picking up the car but the shop was going to have to rush so I had it done a few weeks later.

I had this billit aluminum oil cap on my last car and luckily it fit.

Then I started work on a centre console piece made from solid paduak.

I've ordered hids for low beams and fog lights and projectors to retrofit into the fog light openings.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Not a huge fan of the roof but am a big fan of the center console and oil cap.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Oil cap is awesome. Roof I don't know. It's different and that's probably why it looks weird to me. Love the center console as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm very happy with everything I've dont to my car so far :cheesy:

I got some hids and projectors for my fog lights in the mail today. Should have time over the weekend to do the install.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's how the new inside 3's look? I liked the "cockpit" feel... now it looks like a SRT4 interior

I thought the dash looked goofy in pictures before I went to look at one. But sitting there, everything makes sense and is very well thought out. The minimalist feel is great. Everything is easy to reach and the knobs to control the stereo are great and there location lets you focus on the road.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been installing hids today for the low beams and fog lights. I'm retrofiting the fog lights to projectors as well.

Here is with the drivers side done but passenger side stock

When removing the bumper there is one screw each side that this screw driver is seated in.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
That is an unfortunate place to have that screw, ugh... people wanting to fit aggressive wheels are gonna have to delete it and pray the bumper clips are strong enough.

Nice clean install on the HIDs. What does the road ahead look like now? Cutoff? Hotspots?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is just starting to get dark here. I'll go out in an hour or so and finish adjusting the fog lights. I've got them close but can't be sure since I did it all in my garage.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm thinking the low beams are to bright. I accidentally ordered 55w so I guess I'll be getting some 35w ballasts sometime soon.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm planning on adding additional seat heating to the tops of the front seats. Something to use when my shoulders are sore. Might do the rear seats at the same time just because. I just have to find a kit that I like.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ordered wheels last week and had them shipped to a relatives hous a couple hours away. They arrived ther ahead of schedule and I'll be getting them next weekend probably. Even though they are already orange I'll probably paint them to better match my roof.

I reset my average fuel yesterday once I hit the highway on my normal commute and got a new high score. The driving conditions couldn't have been better for winter.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts