2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asked to forward a picture to Mazda before they will consider a review.
There are a million of these speckles inside the glass.
When the sun shines on them they are very irritating.
My dealer tried to clean these from the windshield but it didn't work because they are in the glass.
An auto glass shop checked the windshield and told me it was defective.
I have no idea when this will be resolved.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are clearly inside the glass. There are millions of them.
I would be so happy if a clay bar would solve this problem.
I have read a lot about clay bars for pitted windshields. This windshield is one month old.

·
Registered
196 Posts
honestly it looks like hard water spots, which can be really hard to remove with window cleaner and paper towels, but a clay bar will let you know in a few minutes if that is the issue because it will clear the exterior of the glass completely of any residue (glass only appears super smooth, there is still some pitting even in a new windshield that a clay bar will cleanse).

When I bought my car I spent an afternoon with a clay bar on the paint and exterior glass then sealed the paint.

If it is on the inside (membrane or moisture trapped during manufacture) than it is obviously a warranty replacement, but spend 5 minutes with a clay bar and lube and it will be clear if that is the issue...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For owners who own a 2019 Mazda who do not have this issue when driving into the sun you have a proper windshield.
This information is for those extremely unfortunate who do have this issue.
This forum https://priuschat.com/threads/tiny-windshield-specks-in-bright-sunlight.98979/ has a good post at the end by Renan that is very helpful.

My post to this forum was:
"I have bookmarked this topic because of Renan post. This post can help others with a similar problem.
When you Google this issue 97% say it's pitting or soap scum.
I have a million of these specks in a brand new vehicle, 300 miles.
It is extremely frustrating reading posts where users can not relate to the glass being defective.
I have had 10 new vehicles and know when there is something that is not right.
A glass shop told me they only buy windshields made in the USA.
Again thanks Renan for your post."

Again this post is for the extremely few who have this issue.

Here is another picture of the issue:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to an auto glass shop today and they cleaned my windshield inside and out. They used glass cleaner and steal wool on the outside. They then used a $1000 sun light to check the windshield and believe it is now clean.
I will have to wait for sunlight before I know if it worked or not.
They said they never use clay bars to clean a windshield.
I'm hoping this worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts