2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
In the hatch, 3 holes under Mazda AND two under the Mazda symbol above the license plate.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Finally "Debadged" the Sky Active Logo today!

Love the cleaner look, and IMO it's incredible how a small appearance mod can make a huge difference on the rear look of our cars!

I might plan to remove the Mazda 3 Logo in the future, but not so sure if it's worth the money to have it filled and OEM Painted because of 3 holes, for now leaving the left side as it is :)

Attachments

·
Mazda n00b
39 Posts
Only the Mazda badge on the hatch (not on the sedan apparently) and the center logo have pins. The 3 and the SkyActive badge have no pins.
hey, so is this accurate for the 2017 sedan?
I'd love to be able to pull all the badges on ours.

·
Registered
988 Posts
hey, so is this accurate for the 2017 sedan?
I'd love to be able to pull all the badges on ours.
Well according to the thread, the Sedan has no pins whatsoever, so you are pretty much safe to give it a go.

By the way, I'm referring only to the Mazda 3 badge and not to the actual Mazda logo on the center which happens to have pins.

Good luck! :smile2:

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
holes in the hatchback too where the mazda 3 emblem is, u can take off the skyactive emblem, no holes behind that one... at least for the 2017 hatch backs... needless to say i have to get a new mazda 3 emblem. 10 maybe 15 bucks on ebay... if u did take urs off and screw it up like i did mine with a heat gun...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Debage

I Debadged My 2017 Mazda 3 HB 2day.

The "Mazda Emblem" and the "Mazda Logo" Both Have 2 Holes, The "SkyActiv Logo" and the "3" Have None.

I Plan On Making My Own "Evil M" and Panting It Flat Black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well AXELA badge finally came and the holes didn't align. Broke off one pin, filled the extra hole and made it work.

By the way, I chose the cheapest postage without looking at other options (JapanParts). 5-7 weeks when the next option 10-14 days would only have costed .50 more:blink::blink::blink:

Am I correct in thinking you mean this: Mazda REAR CAR NAME ORNAMENT (Axela) | JDM Japanparts.com | BM/BY part has the correct (ish) holes to replace the MAZDA part?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Same 1 as what @BearlyHere has below..
Well AXELA badge finally came and the holes didn't align. Broke off one pin, filled the extra hole and made it work.

By the way, I chose the cheapest postage without looking at other options (JapanParts). 5-7 weeks when the next option 10-14 days would only have costed .50 more:blink::blink::blink:

Pins or none won't matter. Lined up properly, the badge should cover the holes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
The pins on my Axela badge lined up just fine when I did it on my '16.
Pulled off the MAZDA 3 badge on a hot day in the sun. Kinda hard to come across this time of year.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,027 Posts
I went back to stock badges but when I had the imported JDM Axela badge I had to snap one of its 2 pins off and just placed the badge lettering over the 2nd pin hole on my 2018 3 hatch. Worked well.
CK

Comment: wow.. I'm impressed by that run-on. Better start proof reading these..

81 - 100 of 100 Posts