2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
No need for glue. It has trim tape on it already. Just peel and stick on. Make sure the area is super clean, then stick it on. The pins line up perfectly in the same holes where the mazda 3 was.
Yesssss, that is what I'm looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
No need for glue. It has trim tape on it already. Just peel and stick on. Make sure the area is super clean, then stick it on. The pins line up perfectly in the same holes where the mazda 3 was.
TY, solved my delima. Ordered mine today.

Reactions: minsanity

·
Registered
198 Posts

DON'T be tempted, when you're nearly done removing a badge, to pry up the last part. The edge can gouge your paint by pulling on it from the 'loose' end.

Use really strong floss; double it up, and wear gloves to keep your fingers happy. Mazda uses the strongest badge adhesive I've ever come across!

The 'MAZDA' badge is drilled. Only the '3' and 'SkyActiv' badges can be removed without filling holes or the need to substitute a replacement badge.

·
Registered
170 Posts
DON'T be tempted, when you're nearly done removing a badge, to pry up the last part. The edge can gouge your paint by pulling on it from the 'loose' end.

Use really strong floss; double it up, and wear gloves to keep your fingers happy. Mazda uses the strongest badge adhesive I've ever come across!

The 'MAZDA' badge is drilled. Only the '3' and 'SkyActiv' badges can be removed without filling holes or the need to substitute a replacement badge.
AFAIK that's only for the hatch or sport version though.

I've got a sedan :laugh2:

BTW I'll be using hot water to losen it up

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well AXELA badge finally came and the holes didn't align. Broke off one pin, filled the extra hole and made it work.

By the way, I chose the cheapest postage without looking at other options (JapanParts). 5-7 weeks when the next option 10-14 days would only have costed .50 more:blink::blink::blink:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Just debadged my hatch and there's no pins on the "mazda3"

j/k lol just put some pearl white vinyl over the holes...gonna put badges back on after I get them painted :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well AXELA badge finally came and the holes didn't align. Broke off one pin, filled the extra hole and made it work.

By the way, I chose the cheapest postage without looking at other options (JapanParts). 5-7 weeks when the next option 10-14 days would only have costed .50 more

What did you do to fill the extra hole?

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Sweet. Thanks! I am thinking about doing the same or put the Axela on the "skyactive" side
If you have a hatch and put the "Axela" on the SkyActiv side, how are you going to cover over the 3 holes (behind the Mazda letters)?

·
*The Electrician*
1,009 Posts
grrrrr mazda put pins on the "Mazda 3" and "Skyactiv" WHYYYYYY Mazda WHYYYYYYYY??!!!?? I don't want to fill holes :( now I won't be de-badging

·
*The Electrician*
1,009 Posts
Only the Mazda badge on the hatch (not on the sedan apparently) and the center logo have pins. The 3 and the SkyActive badge have no pins.

While that's a little better news, the center logo i wasn't planning to change but the Mazda/3/Skyactiv I do want removed......least its only 2 holes, maybe they won't be as much of a problem as I expect.

·
Super Moderator
6,870 Posts
While that's a little better news, the center logo i wasn't planning to change but the Mazda/3/Skyactiv I do want removed......least its only 2 holes, maybe they won't be as much of a problem as I expect.
If I remember right there were 3 hole under the Mazda badge. :'(

·
*The Electrician*
1,009 Posts
If I remember right there were 3 hole under the Mazda badge. :'(
Complete overkill.......I will never understand the need for them to drill holes for badges that stay in place just fine with 3M.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts