2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've de-badged my car a while ago and there is no holes for the skyactiv badge. But there are holes for the mazda lettering and logo. And I have a 2014 Mazda 3 sport hatch hope this helps :lol 1:

·
Lincolnsnose
1 Posts
Debadged 2015 Mazda3 Hatch

I can confirm that there are no pins behind the Skyactive or 3 badges on the 2015 Hatchback. I didn't want to remove the big Mazda M logo and had already heard from other posters that there are pins behind it and the Mazda part of the Mazda3 badge. Removing the badges was easy, just a little dental floss and then peeling the adhesive away. One thing that I don't think anyone has mentioned- when you pull the dental floss behind the badge, pull toward you a little bit to be sure you're only cutting the adhesive and not scratching the paint. Here are some before and after photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Figured these would be appropriate here....doing the front emblem and the chrome in the grille was easy, the rear badges are kind of a pain in the ass.

I may end up just painting them because I think it would be a cleaner look.

Attachments

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
I can confirm that there are no pins behind the Skyactive or 3 badges on the 2015 Hatchback. I didn't want to remove the big Mazda M logo and had already heard from other posters that there are pins behind it and the Mazda part of the Mazda3 badge. Removing the badges was easy, just a little dental floss and then peeling the adhesive away. One thing that I don't think anyone has mentioned- when you pull the dental floss behind the badge, pull toward you a little bit to be sure you're only cutting the adhesive and not scratching the paint. Here are some before and after photos.
Ah, so that's what that hole is.
I started pulling the skyactive badge, only to see that hole in the sticky tape...
I stopped pulling and stuck it back.

·
14 Mazda 3 HB
30 Posts
TOO AGGRESSIVE

So I got a little to aggressive and attempted to debadge my car before reading this...and needless to say I'm now SOL.

I broke one of the posts off my Mazda badge. I bought some 3M glue to attempt to put it back on after I Plasti-Dip the badge to make it match my black car.

Has anyone come across a Black "Mazda" emblem for a 14 Hatch. This is my first time plasi-diping and it keeps coming out lumpy (any suggestions/help are much appreciated!)

Also, thanks for the Evil M link thats specifically made for our generation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any clue as why there would pin holes behind the badges on the hatch and not the sedan ?
Is it possible to access/check the badges area from inside the car, under the trim, before trying to remove the badges ?
I am wary that the asian model might be different from the NA one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
Already got your car back from the body shop? That was quick

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
Not yet... This was before the "remodel" of the rear end

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is my first time plasi-diping and it keeps coming out lumpy (any suggestions/help are much appreciated!)
clean it with alcohol first. use very thin coats.
The alcohol will help to clean the area from dirt and grease inturn allowing the plisti dip bond better to the surface.

I have used quite a lot of plasti dip on my car and thru trial and error found, for a smooth clean finish:

1. Apply the first coat thin just to allow the other coats to bond well to the surface, but aply thr other coats very generously to the point the whole surface area apears to be wet with the dip.

2. Hold it quite close to the surface but not too close that it starts to drip (approximately 100mm away from surface) while spraying in long sweeping motions, preferably the whole length of the item to be painted.

You will find if held to far away from the surface to be coated, the dip will begin to dry in the air and give a sandpaper texture look. Of course, this is not a problem if that is the look and finish your after.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the holes are still only on the M and Mazda badges on the rear of a 2016 hatch? I would assume it's the same as 2015. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry for digging this back up, but from what I understand, the hatches have 3 holes behind the Mazda logo. I went to Japan and found out the same area where our Mazda badge is, is where the Axela badge is. I want to rebadge it to the Axela badge, which can be bought from here https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/45092

I'm wondering if the replacement Axela badge has the same pins that will fit directly into the 3 holes left behind from debadging. Anyone try it yet? If so, how do I remove it and how do I install the new badge? Do you need glue or something?

Reactions: derfrank

·
Super Moderator
6,870 Posts
I'm wondering if the replacement Axela badge has the same pins that will fit directly into the 3 holes left behind from debadging. Anyone try it yet? If so, how do I remove it and how do I install the new badge? Do you need glue or something?
Can't say if the holes are in the same place, but removing is easy. I put a bit of WD40 on the tape the night before to loosen it up. Use a piece of dental floss like a saw, getting it behind the badge and cutting through the adhesive tape. Once you get it in a bit, use a plastic trim tool to slowly pry it off, working carefully around the edges. It should come free in a couple minutes. What remains of the tape that sticks to the car comes off easily with a bit of elbow grease and a soft cloth.
trim tools, a few bucks a the parts store:

As for putting the badges on, usually they come with die cut 2 sided trim tape.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can't say if the holes are in the same place, but removing is easy. I put a bit of WD40 on the tape the night before to loosen it up. Use a piece of dental floss like a saw, getting it behind the badge and cutting through the adhesive tape. Once you get it in a bit, use a plastic trim tool to slowly pry it off, working carefully around the edges. It should come free in a couple minutes. What remains of the tape that sticks to the car comes off easily with a bit of elbow grease and a soft cloth.
trim tools, a few bucks a the parts store:

As for putting the badges on, usually they come with die cut 2 sided trim tape.
Thanks! Isn't too difficult then. Can you confirm that the Axela badge from Japan parts is with tape though? It's the 3rd gen Axela badge, not the previous years, as I know the previous years have tape.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts