2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll been dying to debadge the mazda3 and skyactiv logos from the hatch, but I'm not sure if there are pins. I obviously don't want exposed holes on my car, so does anyone know or can confirm if the new logos use pins? Is it safe to debadge?

THANKS!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just got inside from De-Badging my '13 HB, obviously the question has been answered but I found out the hard way after I had removed the "Mazda" badge there are 3 holes, but the good news is if you pop it out it should pop right back in. My question is do we know of a way to fill in the holes without major body work? For example maybe a rubber plug that someone may have stumbled upon?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Man that's a bummer, first time I've seen those badges with holes =/

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Grumpy

Wow, what a heartbreaker. I absolutely love the clean look without the badges, but those holes though... :/

Doesn't make sense to me why they would put pins on the hatch but not the sedan or mazda6. :001_unsure:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm thinking the holes are there because of the curve of the hatchback... the badge itself is curved instead of flat. The pins would allow the badge to retain that curve, at least that's my guess.

·
Registered
355 Posts
A picture is worth 1000 words.

I'm not putting the Mazda back on, as I actually have plans for a custom badge that was on my Miata. I have to finish prep/painting the badge, so for now it looks like this

I've got a quick question for you, do those holes have a bottom to them? or do they go all the way through the metal?

I was thinking about filling the holes, not sure though.

PS, anyone know if there is a hole behind the "3" next to the word "mazda"
I saw a few posts saying that there was no hole behind it, but no picture of it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
from what I could tell, it went through the metal. The lid isn't that thick and the pins on the back of the Mazda are 1/4 inch long.

·
Registered
355 Posts
cool thanks!

Anyone know for sure if the "3" symbol has holes behind it or not?

I literally just took my "skyactiv" symbol off.

Here are a bunch of pics from my 2014 Mazda 3 s Touring Hatch:

Cleaned off VERY easy with no sticky residue at all, I think the ring was just dirt.

I would have washed my car but it was raining all day...

hope this was helpful!! removing it was easy...

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wanted to take off the "Mazda3" and "Skyactiv" emblems on the back but being left with holes discouraged me. So I did something very miniscule to appease my need for a debadge. I took off the "3" right after the "Mazda" emblem. LOL not much but it helps.

The trunk would look so much cleaner without the emblems though, no doubt.
There's no holes behind the skyactive badge.

If you have the sedan, there's no holes behind the mazda badge either

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Got my car one week ago today. Last Sunday, I removed the dealer badge. Today I removed the emblems. Looking at replacing the logos with the Evil M's.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
To be completely accurate, the "3" part of the badge on the hatch is just glued on, but the "Mazda" part has pins.

DJ

1 - 20 of 91 Posts