2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because the hatchback has holes, I found a way to cover them. Can't stand being asymmetrical, so I found a badge for the right side as well. Matching evil M for the front.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
Thanks for posting this.

I've been spending the last couple of weeks trying to figure out how I wanted to debadge my new 3 and I think I'm going the same route you did.

I already have the GT badge, which I was originally planning to use over the holes behind the Mazda logo, but that wouldn't be symmetrical and would probably bug me over time.

Using the Axela badge over those holes and replacing the stupid skyactive badge with the GT badge are a perfect solution IMO.
Thanks again.
CK

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,282 Posts
Thanks for posting this.

I've been spending the last couple of weeks trying to figure out how I wanted to debadge my new 3 and I think I'm going the same route you did.

I already have the GT badge, which I was originally planning to use over the holes behind the Mazda logo, but that wouldn't be symmetrical and would probably bug me over time.

Using the Axela badge over those holes and replacing the stupid skyactive badge with the GT badge are a perfect solution IMO.
Thanks again.
CK
Yup, I found your old post. The badge does look like OEM on my M3

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
Looks good. You got it to sit flush too.

I guess I should update my post now that it's done.
CK

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
Thanks! I'm going for an OEM look, so no evil M for this 3.
CK

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Consider LED lighting next. Low cost but nice visual impact.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
Are the Axela and GT badges JDM or OEM parts? That looks awesome.
The Axela is OEM from Japan. I bought mine from a Japanese company that sold them online.

The GT badge is from Ebay. I just removed the adhesive that came with it and used 3M emblem tape. The Axela badge already comes with good adhesive and a peel off backing. Just use plain tape..to set guidelines for applying and measure (at least twice) where you want them set BEFORE applying the emblem/badge.
CK

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
That's the site. Thanks!

The pin holes behind the Mazda emblen dont line up with the Axela emblems tabs. You will need to break one off and you may need to seel up one pin hole with some silicone adhesive.
CK

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts