2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mazdaspeed 3 owner
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As if we all didn't know this. Anyways, during installation of TIP and SRI, something fell into turbocharger and ate the shit out of the compressor blades. Carefully stocked out and took it into dealership for warranty work. Lead maintenance guy there is a great guy and does shit right. Went up to bat for me to get warranty work done. Long story short, Mazda said no because foreign matter can't get into turbo through filter unless vehicle was tampered with and they won't cover it. Only time they'd cover it was if the shaft bolt came loose and fell in which wasn't the case. Said I could buy new turbo and intercooler and have them do labor all for the very low price of $2776. I said to hell with that, put it back together and I'll find a cheaper way to fix it. They said I can pick up my car the following day. Fast forward to following day, I get a buddy to drop me off and they tell me the car isn't ready. I leave, they call and say it's ready. I go back to pick it up, start it up and it bogs down bad repetitively, makes a horrible noise from the intercooler, CEL is on, and I become very afraid to drive it. It wasn't doing anything like this before I brought it in. I go back in, complain to manager and he makes a phone call to one of the service technicians since the service department is closed. They advise me not to drive it and that it's doing all of this because of the turbo. I have my insurance cover towing and tow it home. Disbelieving the statement about the turbo causing these issues, I pop the hood and start inspecting stuff and I pull the engine codes.

Codes were PCM, P0171 fuel system lean (bank 1), P0300 random/multiple cylinder misfire detected, and P2009 variable tumble control solenoid valve circuit low input

Under the hood I find the reality of my problems. Absolute horrible workmanship. I will be contacting them with this proof and raising absolute hell.

Also, the tiny bits of metal are what I shook out of my intercooler. Those pieces in my hand tell me it was the tiny hose clamp that goes on the plastic nipple for the boost control solenoid. I suspected this was the culprit for the turbo since it was missing during re-installation of the stock airbox and TIP.

Yes, the turbo fucking up was my fault, but this other shit is ridiculous. There's no excuse for that poor quality of labor. Solenoid hoses not even on, sensor wiring not attached, broken brackets for wiring, and loose hose clamp off of turbo going into intercooler...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Like everybody said in Hampton try another dealer and good luck with the rest bro. That really sucks

Reactions: Mjblank425

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Perfect excuse to go BT and big core FMIC. :devil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts