2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, looking for some confirmation on the 'required' annual service for my 2014 sGT. Dealership here wants me to pay $350CAD for an annual service - I'm told they are pulling apart my brakes, looking at my suspension, etc. and doing an oil change... seems like a total rip off and yet I'm told this has to be done to maintain my warranty???

First off, I have installed new springs (Eibach) and know there is nothing wrong with my suspension and have now voided warranty on most of these components anyway.

Second, next to nothing is covered by warranty for my brakes to start off with...

What should/can I do?

UPDATE:

I decided to take my car in anyway, had a little 'discussion' with the service manager and they dropped the price by $200. They also agreed not to record that I lowered the car (maintaining factory & their extended warranty - that I had thrown in for free when buying), installed new brake pads - front & rear, complete inspection as described below and the oil change.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you look in the Scheduled Maintenance section in your owner's manual, you will see what Mazda says your car requires, and when it requires it.

There you will see when listed inspections and replacements are to be done, either due to a certain amount of time having elapsed, or due to a certain number of miles having been driven.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
smells like BS to me. i don't know or claim to know Canadian laws with regards to warranty. State side, if you document your own inspections, a dealer should not be able deny you warranty.

but am the person that call BS on crap pad measurement, gone as far brought in (calibrated) measurement equipment and the pads in question to see how they came up the BS numbers.

·
Registered
431 Posts
From the Mazda Canada website, seems the brake check is part of the 24k service.

Here we get none of that. Just had my 30k service done, Cost was under $100 USD.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any mechanic shop can do those basic annually checks. There's no need to pay that much for a visual inspection checks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, I was told I need to get those done too...seems like a waste of money to be honest. I have only been getting oil changes done ever since I got my car in April 14. No need for tire rotations cause I swap on my winter tires. I have gotten my air filter changed once though, but that's about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts