2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive a Mazda 3 2011.
It has about 17k Miles and I don't drive it much.

I just did a Oil Change/Maintenance Service last week and the dealer "recommended" that I do a Fuel Injection Flush. They said there were few carbon build up behind the throttle bode plate.

They wanted to charge me $150 for it.

This seems like a scam to me according to the Searching/Google'ing.

What do you guys think that I should do?
Should I do it or not? My car is under warranty so I don't want to risk anything at the same time.

I've heard good reviews of Techron, should I just use that instead?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
779 Posts
If you owned a Skyactivist then I'd say BS since they have DI but as for your car, I'd ask them to show you personally this supposed carbon build up. Not a picture of it either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it's not skyactive. Mazda 3 iSport 2.0L.

Yea, I will if they bring it up again. Should I just use Techron for now?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, now I'm confused. Should I flush it at 17k or not? Everyone seem to have different opinion :/

I don't want to flush it but I wanted to at least try that Techron. They said to use it every 3k - 5k miles. It should be harmless right?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Okay, now I'm confused. Should I flush it at 17k or not? Everyone seem to have different opinion :/

I don't want to flush it but I wanted to at least try that Techron. They said to use it every 3k - 5k miles. It should be harmless right?
haha my bad i was just kidding around.

like they said, dont do it

·
Registered
779 Posts
Best thing you can do for your injectors is take preventive measures. Don't let your tank get close to empty, don't gas your car up when you see the tanker filling the gas station tanks, if you park your car for months at a time start it up once a week to get the system running, dropping a bottle of fuel line antifreeze once a year or so can help eliminate any condensation build up that ends up as water in your fuel tank.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
if you drive your car daily it you should be fine, unless your car is running like crap, you don't need anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts