2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while at the dealership to get an oil change I asked about getting the CP/AA retrofit. They said they would start making appointments for it on November 19th, but when I asked for what they would charge he said he did not know yet. I mentioned that online people where saying it was around $400, but he said it depended on which year and model car. I then asked about buying the parts myself and installing it. He said I could if I wanted, but I would not get any kind of warranty coverage for anything related to the work even if I buy the parts from the dealership. Since they guy I talked to was in the service department I took what he said with a grain of salt since I am sure they would rather sell the parts and labor to me.

My question is if what he said is true? Even if I buy certified Mazda parts from the dealership they do not come with any kind of warranty, even defects in the parts themselves?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,282 Posts
So while at the dealership to get an oil change I asked about getting the CP/AA retrofit. They said they would start making appointments for it on November 19th, but when I asked for what they would charge he said he did not know yet. I mentioned that online people where saying it was around $400, but he said it depended on which year and model car. I then asked about buying the parts myself and installing it. He said I could if I wanted, but I would not get any kind of warranty coverage for anything related to the work even if I buy the parts from the dealership. Since they guy I talked to was in the service department I took what he said with a grain of salt since I am sure they would rather sell the parts and labor to me.

My question is if what he said is true? Even if I buy certified Mazda parts from the dealership they do not come with any kind of warranty, even defects in the parts themselves?
Its the dealerships problem if they screwup the AA/CP install. Defective parts can always be returned/replaced.

Its up to you if you want to learn the process:
https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...ine-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now-47.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts