2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the car 8 months ago, dealer supplied a free set of mats, 4500 miles later the drivers mat is threadbare ! What pile of crap they are.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
Bought the car 8 months ago, dealer supplied a free set of mats, 4500 miles later the drivers mat is threadbare ! What pile of crap they are.
They were free, what did you expect?:dunno:
Now go buy a set of good ones for half the price that most dealers would charge you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have expected Mazda supplied official Mazda mats to last a bit longer - they were brand new - glad I didn't pay for them.

Nice spot on the pun!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll sell you mine from my 2017 :) I always pull out the carpet factory ones and replace with the rubber mudguard as soon as I buy a car.
I do, too, and then I put the unused OEM units back in before selling the car. By that time they're by far the nicest looking things on the car! :grin2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll sell you mine from my 2017 :) I always pull out the carpet factory ones and replace with the rubber mudguard as soon as I buy a car.
Exactly what I did! I put the brand new OEMs in the box that the extra rubber mats came in, and they will stay there until I sell. With any luck, the car will look almost new when I sell, and brand new mats help a LOT to keep that look.
The OEM rubber mats look VERY good, in my opinion.

Ford/Mazda hasn't made quality carpet in a while, and seems that hasn't changed much since Mazda parted ways with Ford. I still see a LOT of Ford's asthetic design in these Mazdas.

I had some leftover velcro in 2" wide strips, so I made a nice custom-fit piece to cover the deadpedal to protect that as well. it's black; it's durable, and it almost looks factory.

Protect every piece of carpet you can! or else it won't last

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I got the car, I tried to get the OEM allweather mats, but there was national shortage. Nobody had them, and expected stock only 2 months later or so.
I went with Husky Liners - they have mats exactly for Mazda 3. So far they are holding up well, and I am quite happy with them.

·
Registered
659 Posts
love the tags on this thread, got a good chuckle out of it.

Being a fan of a carpeted floor over rubber or plastic, i went with the molded carpet inserts - basically like thin molded rubber with an all weather carpet coating on top - so far they have been great. Nice fit and easy to clean like rubber all weather mats.

I forget the brand, but they were Canadian and discussed on here - someone will recall it.....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I've had my 3 for nearly 2 years now, can't say that the oem mats are that bad...mine are holding up well so far.

I did buy the oem molded liners for winter though. My dealer gave me a discount since I got my car there, so it was surprisingly worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts