2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the verge of purchasing a mazda 3. I live in Hawaii and right now I'm attempting to negotiate with the 3 mazda dealers on the island through email. Looking for a white, iTouring auto sedan with no options and the cheapest sticker price I'm finding is $21,460. I offered $19,600 to a particular dealer but got rejected. Is that an unreasonable offer?

I also came across this ad. There must be some catch (hoping there isn't!) and I figure you car buying gurus can shed some light.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm on the verge of purchasing a mazda 3. I live in Hawaii and right now I'm attempting to negotiate with the 3 mazda dealers on the island through email. Looking for a white, iTouring auto sedan with no options and the cheapest sticker price I'm finding is $21,460. I offered $19,600 to a particular dealer but got rejected. Is that an unreasonable offer?

I also came across this ad. There must be some catch (hoping there isn't!) and I figure you car buying gurus can shed some light.
there is a catch, the 3000 off is including all incentives which may not apply to you. for example the discount might include loyalty discount or financing discount. but if you or anyone in your household do not own a mazda you do not qualify for loyalty.

best way to find out is check with them. good dealers will be transparent and itemize how their discount work. its quite possible that they are just discounting 3k to move the car off the lot and does not include other incentives. in that case you can get more than 3k off if you own a mazda or want to finance.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
That would be a great incentive! Most dealerships I here on the 2014's are doing a bit less than that. Somewhere between $1000-$1800, but best bet is to just ask them and see how honest they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts