2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to mazda3revolution but i would like to let everyone know my experience with DDM Tuning and let you know how they operate. I recently purchace 3 HID kits from ddm the total was 140$ after ordering them i logged onto my bank account and realized they charged my $900. So i called DDm and talked to a lady named jessica. Well jessica said there was nothing she could do and that basically I was screw out of $900. so i called my credit union and told them about it luckily they were able to retrieve all the money except the 140$.

When i finally did recieve my HID kits the packaging was beat to hell. Once i opened the box the lights looked like they were just tossed in there without any covers on the bulbs. I also noticed i was missing one whole HID kit. So i called them back up and i was told i had to fill out a report online and then they would investigate. What is needed to be investigated? Im missing a damn HID kit. After few days went by i got an email saying that basically im screwed and wont be getting my money back for that HID and i wont be getting a new one. So my lesson learned was to stop waisting my on these chinese companies.

Here is the messages between me and DDM:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted On: 07 Feb 2013 1:52 PM

Hello I recently purchased 3 Hid Kits. I bought the: 35W, H11, 6000K (Kit / Package), 35W, H7, 5000K (Kit / Package) and the 35W, 9007 High / Low, 5000K (Kit / Package). When i received the package today the box looked like it had been tossed around and looked to be damaged on the outside. Once i opened the box they was broken Styrofoam everywhere in the box. The wires for the 9007 HID kit was laying at the bottom of the box not in a box. The HID bulbs for the 9007 Hi/LO bulbs were not even protected by anything and was just laying at the bottom of the box exposed to everything moving around in the box. The bulbs for the 9007 HI/LO are yellow in the center and are defected. and after going through the entire box i noticed i am missing the H11 HID kit. I have purchased from you guys in the past and never had such a problem as this one. Also when i first made this purchase 2 weeks ago you guys charged my bank account $900 for three kits and i had to have my bank fix the problem. I hope to hear from you soon so this could all get straightened out.
Thanks David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted On: 11 Feb 2013 11:57 PM

Hi David,

It almost sounded like every possible problem happend on your order:

1)I looked up in our accounting system and the only transaction from you is $132.77 on Jan 28th. I wonder if the $900 charge was from multiple attempted charges being denied by our website, due to the billing and shipping address not matching. I'm glad to hear your bank removed the holds for you in the end.

2)About the missing H11 kit, are you missing the whole kit, or just some part of it?

3)About the 9007HL.5000K bulbs, it's common for it to have a yellow spot inside of the glass. It's the chemical placed inside. Please try to light up and if it has a problem to light up, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Jessica Yao
DDM

To reply to this email, please be sure to first log in to the DDM Tuning Support Center which is found at https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/ . Replying from your "regular" email will not be successful. Thank you.

DDM Tuning
Customer Support
(858) 633-2020, Option 2

Posted On: 14 Feb 2013 4:37 PM

Hi Jessica
I did install the 9007HL kit and everything did work fine for that kit, but the whole H11 kit is missing. So hopefully I hear back soon.
Thanks David

Posted On: 14 Feb 2013 9:52 PM

HI David:
Glad to hear the 9007 kit works fine. I've sent a investigation request to our fulfillment center, regarding the missing H11 kit. I will get back to you shortly.
Sincerely,
Sarah Powell
DDM
Sarah

To reply to this email, please be sure to first log in to the DDM Tuning Support Center which is found at https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/ . Replying from your "regular" email will not be successful. Thank you.

DDM Tuning
Customer Support
(858) 633-2020, Option 2

Posted On: 16 Feb 2013 11:26 AM

Hi David:
I just heard back from our fulfillment center that the order was shipped in full, according to the package weight.
In order for me to go further with this possible lost kit, can you first send us some pics of the packaging? It needs to show how the box showed up, and how the parts were laid inside. In a word, how did the package originally showed up.
Sincerely,
Sarah Powell
DDM

Sarah

DDM Tuning
Customer Support
(858) 633-2020, Option 2

Posted On: 16 Feb 2013 11:56 AM

This is just rediculous. I have ordered from you guys in the past and have had no problems before till now. How am i suppose to send pics of the box when the box has been thrown in the garbage. I have been disputing this for over 2 weeks and you guys expect me to have a damaged box laying around my house? So basically you guys stole my money. Well i would just like a refund. I am not going to be playing these games. How is it my fault that you guys cant properly package item in a box. If nothing gets settled in the next couple of days i will just file a report with my bank and then i will let people know how this business is operated. I will also report this business to the BBB. i have all the emails that we have been sending back and forth. I am not one to be ripped off out of their money.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Asked them for some mutha fucking pictures of that mutha fucking box being shipped!

:p

Thats what i would do. IDC if they put the weight as what.
Id want pics of them showing that there were 3 HID's in the box, WITH more pictures of it wighted, than pictures of the box sealed with the weight being the same. WITH a picture of the box with the shipping posted on it.

If they wanna ask you for pics id ask them. I hate these kind of HID distributors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point i think that is what i am exactly going to do. I am going to ask them to send me pics of how many HIDS were put in the box before they where shippied out. LOL. thanks for the great advice. I hate these kind of distributors too. these chinese distributors are hard to trust.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Good point i think that is what i am exactly going to do. I am going to ask them to send me pics of how many HIDS were put in the box before they where shippied out. LOL. thanks for the great advice. I hate these kind of distributors too. these chinese distributors are hard to trust.
Make sure you put that the shipping label better be yours. Cant just take a picture of the next unlucky customers box going out.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I personally don't like DDM as well. I bought hids for my accord and for ny mazda3 and had bad experience both times. I got fed up so I went with XenonSupply. Their customer service is excellent and FAST! not going that their product is pretty up there. I had my bulbs replace cause I wasn't happy with the color and output so they just had me mail my old ones and within 1.5 weeks I got new ones no question asked. Give them a try. I recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i am going to have to give them a try since i probably wont be seeing a dime or my HID set from them.
Also not trying to get off topic but has anyone heard of the navigation system "Advent" from adcmobile? This was the only company i knew of based in the united states that sold factory style navigation systems for our cars. I made the purchase yesterday for $1025 and hopefully its not a mistake. lol. I read many bad reviews on other cheap chinese navigation systems so I decided to go with something sold out of the US.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
has anyone heard of the navigation system "Advent" from adcmobile? This was the only company i knew of based in the united states that sold factory style navigation systems for our cars. I made the purchase yesterday for $1025 and hopefully its not a mistake. lol. I read many bad reviews on other cheap chinese navigation systems so I decided to go with something sold out of the US.
WOW thats expensive...
There are people on the forums that bought some out the US. I haven't heard personally anything bad on them.
I have't heard the one you just mentioned either, ima research it now...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
lol ebay sellers have better costumer service than this lol

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Weird, didn't have a problem with them when I ordered. And they seem to be wanting to work with you, they haven't denied you anything they are just making sure you aren't skimping them. If they don't refund your money/ship you a new HID kit after you have tried working things out then I'd I have to agree with you. Just stating my opinion. Shit happens sometimes even you said you never had a problem with them before...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your right I never did have a problem with them till now but this is also the first time I had to file a dispute with them. I wouldnt have a problem with them if they didnt take their sweet time and beat around the bush. I just dont understand why they want pics of how it was packed in the shipping box. It has been several weeks since I recieved the package. Im not going to leave a beat up box laying around the house. Besides I sent them pics the day I recieved the box to show them how shitty the box looked on the outside and how everything looked like it was just thrown in the box. Im going to give them a couple more days to see what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. From the way you spoke to this lady Jessica seems like this company is a joke and don't know how to operate. I hope they send you a refund or at least the missing piece.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once i recieve the navigation im going to install it and ill post some pictures and maybe make a video of how the unit works.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've been buying from ddm and never had any problem from them. Theyre really good.. Dont know why the hate especially if the company is just asking for just simple pictures. If you dont have the boxes anymore, then just simple tell them that. Them they'll try to work it out. As if they ever wrong you yet... Any company that i have talked to about missing parts, theyve always asked for proof.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
I've been buying from ddm and never had any problem from them. Theyre really good.. Dont know why the hate especially if the company is just asking for just simple pictures. If you dont have the boxes anymore, then just simple tell them that. Them they'll try to work it out. As if they ever wrong you yet... Any company that i have talked to about missing parts, theyve always asked for proof.
Exactly. I can easily say "oh, I didn't get the bulbs" or "yeah they're broken". People will do a lot to try and get free stuff, so when bad things actually happen, then manufacturer might be a little hesitant. I haven't heard of any other complaint (other than bulbs not working).

I know I'd hate it if I were in your shoes, but I wouldn't stop buying from the company because of a mistake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not hating on the company it just that I have been going back and forth with these people with nothing being done. I have called and talked to them and they are telling me they need pictures of the box before they can further investigate. Investigate what? Just give me my damn money back or the damn hid kit I paid for. The quality of their products are pretty good but it would be better if I actually got my product.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts