2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received an email today from DDM Tuning (HID retailer) that they're now selling 4300k bulbs. Just wondering if anyone of you are planning to purchase DDM Tuning's 4300k bulb for your HIDs? Im interested to see how white/yellow they look compared to OEM Xenon 4300k.

If you are planning to use their 4300k bulb, please let me know if you're using a 35w or 55w ballast and post [email protected]!!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
The 55w ballast will naturally produce a more blueish light output. I have 4500k in 55w and they are perfect, IMO, with just a hint of blue. If you get the 4300k in 55w I think you'll be happy, if you're looking for an OEM type of look with as much light output as possible.

They will definitely be WHITER then the OEM (yellow?) Xenon bulbs in comparison.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Are the DDM ones D2S or D4S? If you have stock xenon then we use D4S, there aren't many aftermarket ones out there right now. I'd stick with the stock bulbs and mine are pretty white now that they're burned in more compared to when car was new, it was pretty yellow lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I actually have the Touring model so no stock HIDs for me. I've read that DDM Tuning has had some issues with their bulb 'colors' (although, ive never experienced this when purchasing from them), so the general solution was to keep DDM's ballasts then buy 4300k bulbs from a different website. Now that DDM has 4300k bulbs, I just wonder how they compare in color.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the 35w 4500k and they look a lot more blue than they should, but I have seen OEM Lexus/Toyota HIDs that are way worse.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am going to order a 4300 set today for my 2014 iSport hatch. These sound perfect as I am just looking for more light output for my tired old eyes.

The manual states the halogens are 55W H11. Should I go with 35W or 55W?
Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'd stay with the factory power level and get 55w. That's what I have on my I touring and love the light output with 4500k bulbs.

Because the kits are so cheap, I recommend you buy two, in the event a bulb or ballast goes out (unlikely but it can happen) then you'll have a replacement on hand vs driving around with one HID headlight and one Halogen for a few weeks while a replacement comes in.

It's also cheaper to get it now vs pay additional shipping later.

I haven't had any go out of me in my personal cars but my father's semi truck had a bulb and then a ballast fail outta the blue after 6 years of use. Luckily he had a replacement on hand, so he was back on the road in no time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to order a 4300 set today for my 2014 iSport hatch. These sound perfect as I am just looking for more light output for my tired old eyes.

The manual states the halogens are 55W H11. Should I go with 35W or 55W?
Thanks
take before and after pics please :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Install was straight forward. On the drivers side I removed the wheel well and mounted the box to a cross brace in the fender from the wheel well with sticky back tape and wire ties. On passenger side I mounted the box to the strut tower with 3m double sided tape. Light output is broader and definitely stronger than stock. Not yellow like stock with maybe a very slight tint of blue. Cutoff was not much different than stock just with more light output everywhere.

I did not take a side by side photo but my results were no different than posted here:
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...9-my-hid-review-i-sport-i-touring-models.html

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Install was straight forward. On the drivers side I removed the wheel well and mounted the box to a cross brace in the fender from the wheel well with sticky back tape and wire ties. On passenger side I mounted the box to the strut tower with 3m double sided tape. Light output is broader and definitely stronger than stock. Not yellow like stock with maybe a very slight tint of blue. Cutoff was not much different than stock just with more light output everywhere.

I did not take a side by side photo but my results were no different than posted here:
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...9-my-hid-review-i-sport-i-touring-models.html
thanks for the pics man!! How is the color output? Is it more on the white side or yellowish like halogen? From the pic it looks pretty white, but just wondering how it looks from a distance or during the night :thumbup1 1:

·
Registered
64 Posts

There are a lot of glares. Guess the squirrel finder let out a lot of lights above cut-off line. Wonder how bad it is to incoming vehicles.

·
Registered
508 Posts
There are a lot of glares. Guess the squirrel finder let out a lot of lights above cut-off line. Wonder how bad it is to incoming vehicles.
I find it just as bad as the new Corolla with OEM LEDs. Not sure how Toyota is selling those from stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts