2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pretty much decided on getting 55w 8000k DDM hids, probably the raptor kit(metal over plastic). I want my lights to be as legally blue as possible, so I'm getting 8000k's in hopes that the 55w will wash out some color. Also, with the higher kelvin temp, the light output would be slightly less of the same headlight in 5000k. I was planning on getting the relays no matter what for added safety/reliability.

My question is, if you have a DDM kit, why did you choose 35w over 55w?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
??:confused::confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the 55W 8k to replace my 35W 6k and the color is close to 5k and the output is immensely better.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
if you want the best visibility, get the 4300k.. 5000k has a slight hint of blue too if you want that.

also, fyi, ddm's are a hit and miss. I'd just invest in a solid hid kit such as TRS. but all upto you. there are several people here who've used ddm with no problems but there are some of us that just had really bad experience with them too. My kit is just sitting in a box in my room haha probably going to use them for my fog hid's in the spring.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So does anyone know where to find the morimoto 50 watts? I may just go with them on my headlights because of the reliablility, and then try ddm or something on the fogs.

Then, @Dunston and Chubbs... For the 4300k I really want the blue look, and I just don't know if a 50w 5000k will provide any blue at all. I have a freind with 50w 6000k and they have just the smallest amount of blue in them, but they still do look good.(He went with HIDs from hidsrus.com)

Thanks for the reply(s) guys, I posted on the HID thread but so far... no response

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
I don't know about 50watt morimotos but try emailing them. They are very helpful.

I guess if you want blue then just go with 6000k haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Yup. I think its a little more because it is 50watts. Make sure you are buying from their website. It may seem a lot but trs sells quality stuff and it comes with a heavy duty relay so it becomes a complete plug and play.

Make sure you get 9006 type bulb.

The only 50watt I can see on their website is for d2s bulbs..where do you see the kit you're taking about?

There is a coupon code to take 15% off. Its sonata15 . I'm not sure if it works but you can try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts