2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Nice! I'd recommend a crows foot to hold that nut at the top. It gets hidden inside the control arm and might make it difficult to tighten down the top nut to torque spec. I went to HF to get a set of crows feet and it saved me a lot of cursing and time.

I definitely will get a set then! Thanks for the tip! Do you remember if it was metric or imperial that you needed? If they make both...

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
So it's been too cold out lately for installs so I didn't get my endlinks installed today but saturday starts spring break so I'll hopefully get a day where I can install them!

Edit: Also added 'current' photos to top of my original post

·
Registered
326 Posts
So it's been too cold out lately for installs so I didn't get my endlinks installed today but saturday starts spring break so I'll hopefully get a day where I can install them!

Edit: Also added 'current' photos to top of my original post
Another reason to move to YYC, bro! +10 today/yesterday lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
And I'm just sitting here with a winter storm warning for Saturday HAHAHAHA you have logic... I don't think I have big enough balls to hang with you and Yolanda though...
You can take photos from the safety of the shore :p

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Update: Just story telling and foreshadowing of the most blatantly obvious foreshadowing.

Coilovers have been ordered
Camber arms have been ordered
Lower shock bolts have been ordered
Friend to help install has been recruited
Car meet to reveal car has been picked
Everything else is on it's way
Excitement for everything between now and then: Overflowing

Low times ahead for me and I can't wait! Should be low by the end of April at the latest, many things to do to try and perfect what's going to happen!

Side note: Installed my Moog rear endlinks and they are glorious! Unfortunately did not do a how-to on it as my install went a bit long and unorthodox, I had to cut both of the horizontal bolts which was fantastically not fun... but the rest of the install went smoothly. I might take photos when the snow leaves and do a drawn up version of the install with fun arrows and stuff... But that's for a later date

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Not the best start in the world for a lowered car build but here's the first thing I've collected in person... Two bolts...

But camber arms and coilovers should be in this week so it'll turn out good!

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
The moment I've been waiting for, for so so long:

Coilovers!!!! They're finally here!! First thing I did upon opening them up was pull the box up from the wrong side and apparently they only tape one side of the box so everything all fell out... That pissed me off but I've been staring at them ever since so happy days for me!

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Now that finals are over I got the chance to clean my car and take some nice pictures of my car!

After installing my coilovers I removed my motor mount inserts because they gave me too many vibes... That and I didn't want to piss my girlfriend off more hahaha

Photos for you people! And one at the top of the first post!

·
The Turbo Guy
205 Posts
I removed my motor mount inserts because they gave me too many vibes... That and I didn't want to piss my girlfriend off more hahaha
If you still want an improvement over stock, I feel the Ford E-Focus OEM rear engine mount does a good job at keeping the vibrations friendly. There is a small increase at idle and full throttle, but solid rubber is kinder than polyurethane.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
If you still want an improvement over stock, I feel the Ford E-Focus OEM rear engine mount does a good job at keeping the vibrations friendly. There is a small increase at idle and full throttle, but solid rubber is kinder than polyurethane.
I have considered that one, but until this one breaks, I'm fine with the stock one since I won't be ripping around anymore like I used to

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Seeing more and more of these iridescent headlight colors lately. Do your lights still illuminate well at night?

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Seeing more and more of these iridescent headlight colors lately. Do your lights still illuminate well at night?

I wouldn't say that they're as bright as before, but can definitely still see well, an HID upgrade would make everything better and I only have stock halogen bulbs

101 - 120 of 127 Posts