2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
So the snow cracked my lip right in half... I'm stock height... hahaha anyways that's off and I removed my plasti dip from my bumper
(Thank god for WD-40, it made it a million times easier since it was thin)
I removed the lip and plastidip and don't plan on replacing that lip because it's cleaner looking without it and I plan to get a white GV lip after lowering happens

Easy removal of front bumper plastidip smile:
Gather:
Bucket
Water
Car wash soap
Microfibre cloths (Preferably old ones that you don't mind throwing away)
WD-40
Steps:
1. First use your soap to clean the plasti dip and around it if it's dirty
2. Give all the plastidip a good soaking with WD-40 (don't worry it wont be on your paint for long enough to damage it, if it can do damage that is)
3. Let the WD-40 soak in for 10-15 minutes
4. Now take your microfibre cloths, soak them in your soap/water and start rubbing away the plasti dip, switching sides/spots of the cloth when the plasti dip starts streaking, the water will help lift it up and much better than dry cloths, it's very quick!
5. Don't forget to wash all the bumper that might have had WD-40 on it once you're done just in case

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ahw man, gotta love driving here haha. Fucking snow drifts!

Meanwhile, it's damn nice in AB. Wanna move? lol

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Ahw man, gotta love driving here haha. Fucking snow drifts!

Meanwhile, it's damn nice in AB. Wanna move? lol

So much snow... Like how do I scrape in a car that's stock height... That's how much snow there is... But for some reason it's positive temperatures here instead of -40 so definitely can't complain about that...

There's a lot more Mazda 3 people in Alberta it seems so that doesn't seem like a bad idea at all!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
What about doing a home depot lip? that would not get cracked? Unless your just done with lips altogether.
I can't believe you cracked it on the snow..your not lowered yet. Are you still going to get coilovers?

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
What about doing a home depot lip? that would not get cracked? Unless your just done with lips altogether.

I can't believe you cracked it on the snow..your not lowered yet. Are you still going to get coilovers?

I plan to get a GV style lip after I lower my car, so yes I'm still getting Coilovers and no I'm not done with lips! Coilovers are very much so still the goal for the summer!

Every year it blows my mind that my car scrapes on the snow in the middle when I drive in the ruts of residential streets... I'm not overly surprised that it got cracked since it was lower than the bottom of my car

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I plan to get a GV style lip after I lower my car, so yes I'm still getting Coilovers and no I'm not done with lips! Coilovers are very much so still the goal for the summer!

Every year it blows my mind that my car scrapes on the snow in the middle when I drive in the ruts of residential streets... I'm not overly surprised that it got cracked since it was lower than the bottom of my car
I can't wait to see it once you get her lowered!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I am beyond excited for the summer and lowering my car, did you ever buy those KW's for your car?
No, I finally decided I'm not going to lower my car. Too much work for a few months of summer and I enjoy driving fast too much and ice racing in the winter. Safer for me to keep her stock height.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
No, I finally decided I'm not going to lower my car. Too much work for a few months of summer and I enjoy driving fast too much and ice racing in the winter. Safer for me to keep her stock height.

Yea I'm not smart enough to figure that out yet ;) ever thought about road magnet springs or Eibach prokit? Can get a small drop and an increased spring rate??

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yea I'm not smart enough to figure that out yet ;) ever thought about road magnet springs or Eibach prokit? Can get a small drop and an increased spring rate??
Yeah I've looked at them..I've not completely ruled it out but it's one of those mod's that I'm putting on the back burner for now. I've already put so much money into my car, I've made the promise to slow down...I never said stop though...0:)

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Yeah I've looked at them..I've not completely ruled it out but it's one of those mod's that I'm putting on the back burner for now. I've already put so much money into my car, I've made the promise to slow down...I never said stop though...0:)

Good good!! Your car's already looking awesome with everything done to it so far so I can accept the slowing down of modding!

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Moog endlinks arrived! And without allen key holes thank god!! I knew that when I ordered them though... K80867 is the number you want if you don't want allen key holes like me!

I'll be installing them on thursday maybe... I was thinking about making a how to on it so maybe I'll wait until it gets warmer...

81 - 100 of 127 Posts