2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts

internet slang. thanking u for the blue interior lighting idea

my headlights didn't fit in my oven so i went to lowes and got a heat gun. plan on not driving the car for a couple days. start on low heat and work ur way up until silicone gets loose and lights start to separate. use some spacers (small rods or something) to place in the area of the lens when it starts to separate, as it will want to form back together if it makes contact again. work your way around with the spacers until it's completely detached. once separated then my dilemma was deciding if i wanted to paint entire housing black or keep hi-beams as is for function. some painted their housing the color of the body, not bad but to me black is cleanest. i left hi-beams alone and painted everything else black. i got extra black silicone when putting it back together, paranoid of moisture getting in. been a year and zero issues. joo can do it!

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
internet slang. thanking u for the blue interior lighting idea

my headlights didn't fit in my oven so i went to lowes and got a heat gun. plan on not driving the car for a couple days. start on low heat and work ur way up until silicone gets loose and lights start to separate. use some spacers (small rods or something) to place in the area of the lens when it starts to separate, as it will want to form back together if it makes contact again. work your way around with the spacers until it's completely detached. once separated then my dilemma was deciding if i wanted to paint entire housing black or keep hi-beams as is for function. some painted their housing the color of the body, not bad but to me black is cleanest. i left hi-beams alone and painted everything else black. i got extra black silicone when putting it back together, paranoid of moisture getting in. been a year and zero issues. joo can do it!

Ooooooooh! I get it now hahaha electronic hug hahaha I gots it!

Yea I'm not sure if I'd go with white or black! I never would have thought about those rod pieces! Definitely a good pointer! And I'd definitely keep my high beams functional! I never use them but who knows!

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
The car is looking nice. I recommend going coilovers if you're going lower it. Gives you more options of adjustability.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Damn now all you need is a drop to complement those wheels !

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The car is looking nice. I recommend going coilovers if you're going lower it. Gives you more options of adjustability.
Thanks! That's what I'm leaning to! But I'm just so unsure about how they'll last during the winter... I have two sets I'm looking at: BC's and STD Suspension, BC's are popular but STD's give 5 inches of adjustment and don't affect the travel because of how you lower them?... Sounds beneficial? I've been trying to find out the highest and lowest points of normal BC's on here to see if they'd get what I want, but no luck so far... The STD's are the same price as the BC's which makes it that much more of a comparison..

·
Registered
123 Posts
I looked at my wheel gap and was very saddened... After the winter I plan on lowering my car! Just gotta figure out my method!
Coils!!! Just find a good set! Its very rare that I hear someone say they wanna stick with just aftermarket springs and shocks (not begrudging those who do, they're just as rare as unicorns :001_tt2 1:)! Adjustability and build quality make a huge difference.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Coils!!! Just find a good set! Its very rare that I hear someone say they wanna stick with just aftermarket springs and shocks (not begrudging those who do, they're just as rare as unicorns :001_tt2 1:)! Adjustability and build quality make a huge difference.
I literally can't unless I want to switch out springs every winter and summer, so I'm definitely going with coils, but I don't know if you saw in the chat box but I need coils that will be able to last through winter, that's my main problem right now! Finding coils that'll give me a big drop and will last through 6 month winters... Thanks for the follow hahaha

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
KW coils seem to have the most durable finish (stainless and anodized) of any coilvers available for our cars, but they are pricier then BC's.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
KW coils seem to have the most durable finish (stainless and anodized) of any coilvers available for our cars, but they are pricier then BC's.
Yea I just looked at them now and their cheapest set is $300 more than BC's... And they don't even have adjustable dampening...

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I think I've convinced myself to go balls deep and order (next year near summer) a set of coilovers I've only heard of one person running on here... And I've never heard of them before I googled searching about these coils.. They're Standard Suspension R3 Coilovers, lots of stuff is done to them to prevent corrosion, I'll be the one who decides that after a winter where I live and they give 5 inches of height adjustment... Yum... This will pan out more in 6 or so months, I'll start buying things like camber arms to prepare though and try and save myself some money!

41 - 60 of 127 Posts