2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figured I may as well start my build thread now! As of now I only have done cosmetic changes to personalize it. That and performance upgrades are generally decently expensive sadly.. Here we go though!

My car on point:

Exterior:
-Chameleon Headlight Wrap
-Carbon Fibre Eyelids
-Corksport Mudflaps (Off when low)
-Gloss Black Vinyl Tinted Taillights
-Gloss Black Vinyl Roof
-Hella Supertones
-Gloss Black Emblems

Interior:
-6000K White LED Interior Lighting
-Multi-Colour Footwell Lighting
-Sickspeed Neo-Chrome Ball Shift Knob
-NRG Neo-Chrome "Stealth" Style Shift Knob
-'3' Emblem Plasti-Dipped White on Dash

Lighting:
-6000k License Plate LED's
-Red LED rear turn signals (Sedans have yellow ones unlike hatchbacks... I think...)
-DDM Tuning LED plug in resistor

Power and Stuff:
-Corksport Exhaust Racepipe without Catalyst
-Corksport Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers
-Corksport Short Ram Intake
-Corksport Rear Motor Mount Inserts (Removed after coilovers)

Suspenion:
-Corksport Mid-Chassis Brace
-Corksport Rear Sway Bar
-MOOG rear endlinks
-BC Racing BR Type EDK coilovers

Transmission:
-Corksport Short Shift Plate
-James Barone Solid Shifter Bushings

Wheels:
Summer:
Brand: XXR
Name: 522
Colour: Chromium Black
Specs: 17 x 8 +48
Wrapped In: Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 225/45-17

Winter:
Brand: OEM...
Name:Stockers...
Colour: Plasti-dip Black...
Specs: You don't care...
Wrapped In: Yokohama iceGuard iG52c 205/55-16

Day 1

And soon after, my hood, roof, wheels and trunk (saw a 1 series BMW with the look and I fell in love with the look!)

I also installed some HID's in my low beams. I got 6000k but I wouldn't even mind going bluer with 8000k when I have to replace the bulbs

Replaced my old neo-chrome shift knob with my new one:

Installed footwell lighting with a colour switcher (red, green, blue, yellow, pink, white, teal and colour changing) Blue looks best in my opinion though.

The current front end look of my car! And I love it!:

Carbon Fibre Eyelids were definitely a solid purchase!

Took my 3 from the back of my car and moved it inside, plasti dipped white of course:

The setup I'll be running next summer:
XXR 522 17x8 +48 in Black Chrome with Neo-Chrome Lugnuts (might powder coat them teal... we'll see)

And a shot from behind to show concavity on my car! Thumbs up from me!

New shift boot compliments of my sewing skills hahaha Turned out really good though

Did another one in yellow as my first trial and now as shown above it is made from "liquid metal" fabric
Winter Mode:

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
My current plans for my car are all still cosmetic as it's easier and well everyone gets to see it!
-Replace crappy, not well researched, black plasti dipped hood, trunk and roof with gloss black vinyl (I don't want to have to use shade in all my photos to hide the strips anymore and it will look better overall)
-Take plasti dip off taillights and use VHT to tint them (or bodyshop I contacted)
-Paint rear reflectors white
-Eyelids on headlights, not sure if white or black though
-Make the silver interior pieces white

I'm always looking for comments on my car, tips or even a nudge in the right direction for good first performance mods! Got to start somewhere!
I like the idea you were trying to go with on the plasti dip, glad you're replacing with vynl.

Why are you gonna paint the reflectors white? just wondering, but if you do that, wont it look just look like 2 weird indents on your bumper that people know you painted. I'd just leave em red.

I'd recommend if you use VHT, to go red, instead of dark tint. Especially on a white car oh my glob its sexy.

eye lids always look nice, but have you thought of painting the headlight housing black instead? Its quite nice.

ofc it's your car so u dont have to give 2 fcks what my opinion/advice is.

You could always look at @razerer build if you wanna get ideas for a white sedan. He's done his sht right. I'm hella jealous. I'm already doing research on where he lives so i can keep his car for myself........................I've said too much.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the idea you were trying to go with on the plasti dip, glad you're replacing with vynl.

Why are you gonna paint the reflectors white? just wondering, but if you do that, wont it look just look like 2 weird indents on your bumper that people know you painted. I'd just leave em red.

I'd recommend if you use VHT, to go red, instead of dark tint. Especially on a white car oh my glob its sexy.

eye lids always look nice, but have you thought of painting the headlight housing black instead? Its quite nice.

ofc it's your car so u dont have to give 2 fcks what my opinion/advice is.

You could always look at @razerer build if you wanna get ideas for a white sedan. He's done his sht right. I'm hella jealous. I'm already doing research on where he lives so i can keep his car for myself........................I've said too much.
No no! Never too much! I like what you've said!! Painting the reflectors would just be to see if I like the look or not! I can't say I've thought of using red tint before... Oh I really like the idea of a painted headlight housing too but taking apart the headlights would be sketchy for me to do! I definitely appreciate your opinion!! I've looked at razerer's car! I agree it's one good looking good!

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my roof wrapped in Regina so if you decide to get it done I could show you their work.

Cars looking good.
Thanks! If anything I would prefer to wrap my car myself, it doesn't seem too too hard and from what I've heard it's not cheap to get someone to wrap it for you! But I have seen your car's roof and it looks good!!

·
I'm bored as hell
36 Posts
When i was your age my first car was a 04 Hyundae Crapcent stuck with that thing for 3 years, dang kids these days hahaha j/k. looks good.

I got my roof wrapped in Regina so if you decide to get it done I could show you their work.

Cars looking good.
Where do you go to get it wrapped?

·
Registered
261 Posts
When i was your age my first car was a 04 Hyundae Crapcent stuck with that thing for 3 years, dang kids these days hahaha j/k. looks good.

Where do you go to get it wrapped?
I got mine done at "the stripe shop". They did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
@DAYTEK Love the build thread...I gotta get off my butt and get one done for my ride. I'm all cosmetic too!! For now LOL

·
Registered
393 Posts
You could always look at @razerer build if you wanna get ideas for a white sedan. He's done his sht right. I'm hella jealous. I'm already doing research on where he lives so i can keep his car for myself........................I've said too much.[/QUOTE]

beat u to it :Na_Na_Na_Na 1:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Your car is nice. Too much dip for me. But, good thing you figured out to use vinyl. I plan on doing that too. I have all of January to get everything done before school starts again where I have less time. I wish I got white though....

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your car is nice. Too much dip for me. But, good thing you figured out to use vinyl. I plan on doing that too. I have all of January to get everything done before school starts again where I have less time. I wish I got white though....
Ya that's exactly why I'm going to use vinyl! Too much plasti dip! It will look so much better with vinyl!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ya that's exactly why I'm going to use vinyl! Too much plasti dip! It will look so much better with vinyl!
ya, that's why i'm going that route too. So many people have it and it looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts