2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my 2017 Mazda 3 GT Sedan a few months ago. Did a few small things to it so far so I decided to post up a build thread.

The Day I picked up the car:

First day at work with the car

First road trip with the car

Front Lip:

Got 15% Xpel Ceramic Tints somewhere around that time too.

LEDs

Picked up the Diode Dynamics FlexLight since the OEM Bulb was too dim.

Someone was selling their Corksport Cat-Back Exhaust a couple weeks ago. Got a good price for it so I scooped it.

Just picked up these BC Coils 2 days ago. Contemplating whether or not I should wait for spring to install them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picked up my 2017 Mazda 3 GT Sedan a few months ago. Did a few small things to it so far so I decided to post up a build thread.

The Day I picked up the car:

First day at work with the car

First road trip with the car

Front Lip:

Got 15% Xpel Ceramic Tints somewhere around that time too.

LEDs

Picked up the Diode Dynamics FlexLight since the OEM Bulb was too dim.

Someone was selling their Corksport Cat-Back Exhaust a couple weeks ago. Got a good price for it so I scooped it.

Just picked up these BC Coils 2 days ago. Contemplating whether or not I should wait for spring to install them.

Messed up the image links LOL. I don't know how to edit the original post

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pictures not showing up.
Issue should be fixed now!

Sounds like fun! If there are supposed to be pictures they seem to be missing!!
Issue should be fixed now! The car is really fun though!

Nice mods. Thanks for the photos.
Thank you, it is still my daily so probably not going to do anything too crazy with it but hopefully get it to the point where im happy with it.

Wow. Looking forward to your build!
Thanks man! me too!

Sweet there needs to be more build threads, Yours and a few others are here not many though I just started mine.
I agree man! I feel like it would help if there was a dedicated section for build threads. I'll definitely check yours out too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, really like that light in the trunk. Got a link to it?

The single bulb that comes in it is terrible, even when upgraded to a HO LED.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very Nicely Done! Nice to see some more people posting their builds to give the rest of us some inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what else you do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Little update. not much happening over the winter months. Ended up selling the coils since I cant drive that low in downtown toronto. Settled for some corksport springs for the time being, should be installed in the next week or so.

other than that got little dress up fake carbon accents for the interior. really liking the look of them.

just need to get the bottom piece for the steering.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Those carbon pieces are just the stick on ones right? I was contemplating on buying them from eBay but wasn’t sure if it’ll hold.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those carbon pieces are just the stick on ones right? I was contemplating on buying them from eBay but wasn’t sure if it’ll hold.
yeah they are! they have some pretty strong 3m adhesive on them so they're not going anywhere. Just make sure you prep the surface properly and youre going to be okay. make sure theres no dust and use rubbing alcohol to clean the surface.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts