2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Mazda 3 has an issue with the dashboard, right above the center screens that display the fuel efficiency, radio, etc. The dash itself is pulling up. Has anyone else experienced this? I noticed the same thing on a scrapyard Mazda the other day, so my guess is it may be a common issue. It feels like it "clipped" in place originally, but that clip no longer keeps it down. Any fixes you guys know of? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Super common issue, believe there was a recall on it although I don't know that they'll fix it after all this time. I gorilla glued mine down, which worked great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super common issue, believe there was a recall on it although I don't know that they'll fix it after all this time. I gorilla glued mine down, which worked great.
Did you just glue it up and stack some weights on it? It takes quite a bit of force to keep down on mine. Thanks for the info, by the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you just glue it up and stack some weights on it? It takes quite a bit of force to keep down on mine. Thanks for the info, by the way.
Yep, that's it. You'd want to use something like gorilla glue which is tough enough to hold. I ran some along the where the clips mount to and then stacked some weight (speakers in boxes, if I remember) on top of it, wedged between the dash and the windshield.

You'll want to be careful not to use too much glue so it doesn't run down the inside of the clear plastic display.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that's it. You'd want to use something like gorilla glue which is tough enough to hold. I ran some along the where the clips mount to and then stacked some weight (speakers in boxes, if I remember) on top of it, wedged between the dash and the windshield.

You'll want to be careful not to use too much glue so it doesn't run down the inside of the clear plastic display.
Hey, thanks again. Yeah, I'll have to give that a shot. The dealer told me I'm out of the extended warranty, so I'm out of luck on that front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something in mine, I used a light bead of gorilla glue and weight plates to hold it down. Did it over the weekend when I didn't need to drive so I could get a good hold and keep the car out of the sun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts